Hi all. I'm new to these forums, and I know this is very short notice, but I thought I'd try a hail mary since my hunting partner backed out on me. I've been a pretty successful deer hunter, and decided to try bear this year, first time. I'm going down into the Elkins area of WV Sep 18-20, and would welcome a partner.
I'll consider going with anyone, as long as you:
1. are in decent enough shape to go up and down the hills with me
2. are comfortable with sitting silently for long periods of time
3. have at least a .30 caliber
4. know how to shoot it
5. have a BG and bear stamp on a valid WV hunting license
6. are sober, my goal is to get a bear, not get drunk and shoot stumps
And fyi, I'm a 45 yr old male in decent shape, but I'm not going to be racing up and down those hills. Like I said, I know this is a long shot, but it's all I got.
Thanks for your time!