4 replies [Last post]
Would Like Nonresident Black Bear Hunting Info for 2007 hunt

Hello- I currently live in SD and am trying to set up or at least find some information on a black bear hunt in WI. Would prefer to hunt non-guided, but if the price is right, would consider a guide. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Joe

you can start here http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/. I don't live in Wisconsin but I do know they run bears with dogs. Have you thought of trying Minnesota? We can use bait here. And our guides are pretty reasonable.

I'm not from Wi but I am in the lottery for a class a bear permit. I believe if you want to hunt bear in Wi you will need a class a "kill permit" otherwise you would need to hunt with someone else on a class b permit but you would not be allowed to kill a bear only participate in the hunt (ex. handle the hounds).
That is my take on it but I am not as familiar with the rules as someone from there would be.

There is a 5 to 7 year wait for a kil tag(class a). Depending on which zone you want. Dogs can't be hunted with in the southern part of the state. But if you are looking to get a bear in the near future I would maybe try minnesota. Unless you are a hound guy then there is a lot of big bears here.

Thanks for the help

Thank you all for the responses. It sounds like MN might be the way to go.
Joe

Related Forum Threads You Might Like