44 replies [Last post]
SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
expatriate wrote:
I'll debate you into the ground any day, buddy. You can start by posting a critical thought about Obama. Your last post was #3 on this thread since I issued the challenge.

If you want to debate ability to think independently, put your money where your mouth is. Show that you can do it.

Ha, ha, I know my fren you're a debating legend in your own ti...., I mean mind! Laugh Laugh Laugh

Now let's hear one of those original talking points, wait I got it for you, libs are evil, obama's going to ruin this country, grab ur guns the obama secret police are coming, let's secede from the country, libs are evil, does that cover it mr. original?

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
BunnySlayer wrote:
Hey expat and Cowgal! Can I be in your "lockstep" club too? Can I? Can I huh huh? Puhleeeze? Can I? I promise I won't be too much of a Libertarian!!!.

Ha ha! Laugh Join the club, the more the merrier! If the libs want to compare me to Hannity or Expat - I'll consider it a compliment! lol SoCo left out O'Reilly and Coulter!

Expatriate wrote:
there's a reason Ventura was a one-term governor. He was all mouth and no common sense. People liked his style and elected him, but soon regretted it.

You're 100% correct. I have two cousins that live in MN, they've told me horror stories.

SoCo some of those quotes you've attributed to me, are not mine. But I'll claim them if you wish! lol You make me sound so TOUGH!!

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
WesternHunter wrote:
My thought as well. I wonder why he was refering to Cheney when he was saked about Rush? Wierd.

Found a transcript which answers your puzzlement:

KING: A lot of things to go into, Jesse. What do you make of the Cheney/Limbaugh –

VENTURA: I don’t have a lot of respect for Dick Cheney. Here’s a guy who got five deferments from the Vietnam War. Clearly, he’s a coward. He wouldn’t go when it was his time to go. And now he is a chicken hawk. Now he is this big tough guy who wants this hardcore policy. And he’s the guy that sanctioned all this torture by calling it enhanced interrogation.

Those are some strong words for Dick Cheney.

KING: Do you think Rush Limbaugh’s a better Republican than Colin Powell?

VENTURA: No, not at all. In fact, if you compare the two, let’s look at Colin Powell, who’s a war hero, who strapped it on for his country, and didn’t run and hide.

KING: Twice.

If anyone thinks Rush Limbaugh is a better Republican than Gen. Colin Powell then that speaks volumes of how low a state the GOP is in these days."

He was asked about both.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
cowgal wrote:
BunnySlayer wrote:
Hey expat and Cowgal! Can I be in your "lockstep" club too? Can I? Can I huh huh? Puhleeeze? Can I? I promise I won't be too much of a Libertarian!!!.

Ha ha! Laugh Join the club, the more the merrier! If the libs want to compare me to Hannity or Expat - I'll consider it a compliment! lol SoCo left out O'Reilly and Coulter!

Expatriate wrote:
there's a reason Ventura was a one-term governor. He was all mouth and no common sense. People liked his style and elected him, but soon regretted it.

You're 100% correct. I have two cousins that live in MN, they've told me horror stories.

SoCo some of those quotes you've attributed to me, are not mine. But I'll claim them if you wish! lol You make me sound so TOUGH!!

Alas, I knew you would be proud to be in such distinguished (or undistinguished company depending on the view) company. Thumbs up

And, I have no doubt you are tough (maybe wrong about a lot of things) but tough none the less. Darn sure tougher then some of the poor wounded gents round here. Laugh

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh That's #4, 5, and 6, SoCo...still can't do it, can you?

I'm in my seventh year on this forum, and I've repeatedly demonstrated my willingness and ability to question leadership and to think critically -- of both Democrat and Republican positions.

You've got a lot of nerve coming on here and questioning my ability to think critically when you're a personality cultist that utterly lacks the ability for independent thought.

Go ahead, SoCo -- prove me wrong on this point. Provide one example of a point of disparity between you and Obama. Just one point -- on any topic. If I'm wrong and you do in fact have the capacity to think critically, this shouldn't be difficult at all. But the fact that you've already spent six posts trying to avoid the issue through sarcasm suggests that I'm right.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
expatriate wrote:
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh That's #4, 5, and 6, SoCo...still can't do it, can you?

I'm in my seventh year on this forum, and I've repeatedly demonstrated my willingness and ability to question leadership and to think critically -- of both Democrat and Republican positions.

Right......................................................

You've got a lot of nerve coming on here and questioning my ability to think critically when you're a personality cultist that utterly lacks the ability for independent thought.

Ha, you always deliver, with the comedy that is!

Go ahead, SoCo -- prove me wrong on this point. Provide one example of a point of disparity between you and Obama. Just one point -- on any topic. If I'm wrong and you do in fact have the capacity to think critically, this shouldn't be difficult at all. But the fact that you've already spent six posts trying to avoid the issue through sarcasm suggests that I'm right.

What you request is your desire not mine. I've never asked you to say anything bad about the crooks you support. Rather, I just tell you how I feel about them you silly wabbit.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!

And that's 7... Laugh Laugh

Does the idea of independent thought cause you physical pain, SoCo? Are you worried if you say anything even minutely critical of the Dear Leader that someone will find out?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
expatriate wrote:
And that's 7... Laugh Laugh

Does the idea of independent thought cause you physical pain, SoCo? Are you worried if you say anything even minutely critical of the Dear Leader that someone will find out?

Also, the piddly little excuses you call critiques of your heros are seriously hilarious. They pale in comparison to the actual crimes their guilty of. In fact they look and sound like phony little critiques one would make up to try and make them seem like they credibly look at both sides.

Now you wouldn't do something slimy like that would you ol expat?

What are you going to tell us next, you don't like the shoes cheney wears??? Laugh

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
SoCoKHntr wrote:
CVC wrote:
The point is that based on your posts, you have little if any respect for cheney, rush and hannity. I would even go so far as to say that based on your posts that you believe them to be detrimental to the USA and hold them in contempt.

So, if that is how you feel about cheney, rush and hannity, was it really necessary to publicly link expat and cowgal to them?

For a tough Gal like cowgal who's said such things as follows:

"since obama and most of the democratic majority have their heads stuffed up their butts, what can there be but hindsight? "

"Typical Obamabot response! Don't agree, can't debate - so yo ..."

"I guess your liberal shouting matches are somehow better??? At least the debates on Fox are respectful. Liberals are nasty and vile when they don't get their way. "

"You moron, Gore knows nothing about science. None of his theories are based on science. Real scientists would like to debate Gore, he refuses. "

"Civet this conversation is not for you. We know that you're incapable of thinking for yourself. It amazes me at how people like you bury their heads and pretend its all ok, simply because their leade ..."

"You weren't wrong CVC. In fact, I go one step further and do NOT do business with anyone that is openly liberal. I do not ask what a business's party affiliation is, HOWEVER if they publicize it and a ..."

"civetcat is a troll. We are the problem because we feed him. "

"We should simply ignore him, unless it is a productive post. Of course, that will mean we will ignore him 99.9% of the time. "

"Nice civet and Soco, I see you're both on the gutter level again. Can't find anything to debate about Rush, so you have to resort to trash talk. You two are about as bad as a couple bratty whiney kid ..."

This is part and parcel with the debate round these parts.

I think you all (not cowgal) are acting like a bunch of pretentious whiny drama queens.

The phony indignation at the drop of hat when much worse has been said by the pretentiously ire'd mob is indicative of the phoniness of the current republican party and one of the big reasons it finds itself in it's current state.

There was no indignation - I simply responded to your post and pointed out that it was unnecessarily rude.

I just don't see the value in why you posted what you did. A simple explanation, rebuttal, etc. would have sufficed. You seem to be the one who is indignant.

As usual, you post only makes half-sense. You say

Quote:
For a tough Gal like cowgal who's said such things as follows:

but you never finish that thought. Instead, after the cowgal quotes the next line is

Quote:
This is part and parcel with the debate round these parts.

which makes no sense.

Why the long diatribe? Why not address directly my point that you posted to simply insult expat and cowgal? And even if they are guilty of that behavior (which they are not) it doesn't excuse your bad behavior.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1780
Why the hell do I respect this guy so much!!!
CVC wrote:
[

Why the long diatribe? Why not address directly my point that you posted to simply insult expat and cowgal? And even if they are guilty of that behavior (which they are not) it doesn't excuse your bad behavior.

The long diatribe?

I addressed it the way I saw fit. Seems like they took it alright, better then you in fact. Why you getting your knickers in a twist? I'm just another guy (like you) on the Internet with an opinion.

Try an lighten up you'll live longer and be happier my fren.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Amazing Race (possible boycott of the show)WesternHunter610/03/2006 20:14 pm
Camp FuelWesternHunter807/03/2010 12:04 pm
Mountain PartyRick106/21/2007 13:47 pm
REM 700possum411/02/2012 11:23 am
MOOSEatomikall1010/07/2007 18:50 pm