50 replies [Last post]
Whos putting in for Goats in 2009?
hellomcfly wrote:
Thanks BlackGold, i got lucky with that buck. he was the first buck we saw, shot him at first light.....and he was the biggest buck we saw all day lol

Antelope hunters are probably the most modest hunters of all, its always "we lucked into one" never giving ourselves credit. But in reality, we spend more time on the range and more time with Binos glued to our eyeballs than any other hunters: If you think about it, because of the short season (s), our room for error is the smallest for any other game animal. There is no "next weekend". I wish other hunters were like us. I would drink a beer with anyone of you all.

I just finished reading Mike Eastmans Antelope book. It's not bad especially if you don't have a lot of experience hunting speed goats. He's even got a few comments about dealing with Rattle Snakes

Late on the subject........I should draw in Alberta this year......it will be year 6 of applying. I am going to start applying in Montana and Wyoming again this year as well to build up points.

SoCoKHntr's picture
NMBlackGold wrote:
hellomcfly wrote:
Thanks BlackGold, i got lucky with that buck. he was the first buck we saw, shot him at first light.....and he was the biggest buck we saw all day lol

Antelope hunters are probably the most modest hunters of all, its always "we lucked into one" never giving ourselves credit. But in reality, we spend more time on the range and more time with Binos glued to our eyeballs than any other hunters: If you think about it, because of the short season (s), our room for error is the smallest for any other game animal. There is no "next weekend". I wish other hunters were like us. I would drink a beer with anyone of you all.

Have you hunted elk?

I don't know friend, I've spent plenty of time at the rifle range getting prepped for everything from coyotes to elk and with my eyes pastered to the glass as well on these hunts and not a lot of room for error.

Just saying. Big smile

Makwa wrote:
Late on the subject........I should draw in Alberta this year......it will be year 6 of applying. I am going to start applying in Montana and Wyoming again this year as well to build up points.

Makwa, Great to see you on the boards again, it's been awhile. You're wise for building up your points in WY & MT. It's getting really hard to draw good tags without them. You might draw in Montana this year as they use the bonus point system.

Thanks Hiker. I came back on here because it is the only well rounded forum relating to hunting that has some intelligent beings with diverse backgrounds and is also civilized. In general, I do not have a lot of use for forums.........there are way too many morons on them.

I hope to just get points in Montana and Wyoming as I do not have the time for more hunts next fall. I am going to the Northwest Territories on a caribou hunt. I will draw in Alberta for antelope and I have a moose hunt planned as well, so between that and guiding it will be a full slate. It is 2010 when I am hoping to draw south of the 49th for antelope.

draws

Makwa, make sure to look at the 08 draw results on the SRD site before applying, if you haven't already.

BruceW......thanks, already did.

SoCoKHntr wrote:
NMBlackGold wrote:
hellomcfly wrote:

Have you hunted elk?

I don't know friend, I've spent plenty of time at the rifle range getting prepped for everything from coyotes to elk and with my eyes pastered to the glass as well on these hunts and not a lot of room for error.

Just saying. Big smile

SoCokhntr: Yes, but I remember using my ears more than my spotting scope or binos. And remember not worrying about getting on another bull before the season ended abruptly. As for coyotes, you may have me on that one.....not sure how long our coyote season is here in NM.

Makwa wrote:
Thanks Hiker. I came back on here because it is the only well rounded forum relating to hunting that has some intelligent beings with diverse backgrounds and is also civilized. In general, I do not have a lot of use for forums.........there are way too many morons on them.

I hope to just get points in Montana and Wyoming as I do not have the time for more hunts next fall. I am going to the Northwest Territories on a caribou hunt. I will draw in Alberta for antelope and I have a moose hunt planned as well, so between that and guiding it will be a full slate. It is 2010 when I am hoping to draw south of the 49th for antelope.

Makwa: Wow, keep us posted as to all your hunting adventures, not just pronghorns! Good luck

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
whos applyin for nevada this yearbrokenarrow1504/23/2011 22:03 pm
Last update before the hunthawkeye2701812/21/2011 00:43 am
Best Place to hunt goatsjman474110/07/2009 20:51 pm
First time goatsmrklean002/10/2009 17:06 pm
Washington Goats...Anyone seen one?Mtn Hunter008/18/2007 20:54 pm