7 replies [Last post]
Offline
Location: Maryland
Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 151
What in the heck does this mean?

I'm getting the Remington 870 express magnum in 12 gauge...

I went to the Maryland DNR website and got this:

1. Shotguns larger than 10 gauge may not be used to hunt waterfowl and coots

2. The use of shotguns smaller than 20 gauge for deer hunting is not permitted.

I'M CONFUSED! MIND THAT I'M STILL NEW TO ALL THIS. Where does the 12 gauge fit?

Thanks.

Offline
Location: S Central PA
Joined: 09/25/2006
Posts: 33
What in the heck does this mean?

well a 12 ga is smaller than a 10ga but bigger than a 20 ga

Offline
Location: Maryland
Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 151
What in the heck does this mean?
huntmaster17025 wrote:
well a 12 ga is smaller than a 10ga but bigger than a 20 ga

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure!!! THANK YOU MUCH.

YAY!!!!! Brick Wall,) Big smile

Offline
Joined: 08/20/2006
Posts: 10
What in the heck does this mean?

what theyre saying is u cant use like a 8 gauge or a 2 gauge rabbit and stuff bigger then a 10 gauge so from a 10 and below.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Nova Scotia
Joined: 08/17/2002
Posts: 1762
What in the heck does this mean?

The smaller the gauge number, the larger the shell. FYI, the gauges are a measure of how many lead balls that size will make a pound (20ga. takes 20 balls that diameter to make a pound, 12 ga. takes 12 balls that diameter to make a pound hense it is bigger.) The .410 is the exception and is .410 of an inch.

Offline
Location: Maryland
Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 151
What in the heck does this mean?

Thanks guys!

Offline
Joined: 08/20/2006
Posts: 10
What in the heck does this mean?
ChesterGolf wrote:
The smaller the gauge number, the larger the shell. FYI, the gauges are a measure of how many lead balls that size will make a pound (20ga. takes 20 balls that diameter to make a pound, 12 ga. takes 12 balls that diameter to make a pound hense it is bigger.) The .410 is the exception and is .410 of an inch.

No yuh think confused? Just joking

Offline
Location: Maryland
Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 151
What in the heck does this mean?
Superstroker17 wrote:
ChesterGolf wrote:
The smaller the gauge number, the larger the shell. FYI, the gauges are a measure of how many lead balls that size will make a pound (20ga. takes 20 balls that diameter to make a pound, 12 ga. takes 12 balls that diameter to make a pound hense it is bigger.) The .410 is the exception and is .410 of an inch.

No yuh think confused? Just joking

Big smile

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Another great opener (long story)Rockmonky912/01/2010 05:29 am
NOt the way to start the dayGreat West106/25/2007 03:08 am
Off to VegasCa_Vermonster009/03/2010 16:41 pm
Heck of a SalesmanGreat West107/11/2007 14:28 pm
2014 Colorado Unit 61 Elk HuntCritter2403/10/2015 15:23 pm