1) .22 LR bolt (have it old lakefield my first gun)
2) 300 win mag bolt (have it ruger m77 mkII)
3) 12 gauge pump (have it benelli nova)
4) 22-250 bolt (have it weatherby vangaurd varmint special)
5) double rifle in a 450 or 470 NE or side by side 12 gauge shotgun (my custom built gun cabinet has a home built for a double gun. as any real hunter and gun nut knows this means i have to buy a double gun, its the law.)
6) 375 h&h bolt (need it and absolutly have to have it maybe in a winchester model 70 safari express) OR
270 win or wsm bolt ultralight model (under 6 lbs bare boned for a mountain sheep and goat rifle like a weatherby ultra light. NEED it as well)
Elk have been killed close to roads where they could be loaded whole into the bed of a pickup. But it doesn't happen often and I'm not sure that is the experience that I long for. The type of elk hunting that I prefer requires rigorous physical exertion that can cripple someone who is not in shape. Being a college hockey player I have to be in at least fair physical condition most of the year but when one of my buddies got back from the Navy Seals he changed the way I think about physical...