1) .22 LR bolt (have it old lakefield my first gun)
2) 300 win mag bolt (have it ruger m77 mkII)
3) 12 gauge pump (have it benelli nova)
4) 22-250 bolt (have it weatherby vangaurd varmint special)
5) double rifle in a 450 or 470 NE or side by side 12 gauge shotgun (my custom built gun cabinet has a home built for a double gun. as any real hunter and gun nut knows this means i have to buy a double gun, its the law.)
6) 375 h&h bolt (need it and absolutly have to have it maybe in a winchester model 70 safari express) OR
270 win or wsm bolt ultralight model (under 6 lbs bare boned for a mountain sheep and goat rifle like a weatherby ultra light. NEED it as well)
There are still some who insist a scope is not needed for the type hunting they do, ignoring the advances of the last 150 years in optical sights. (Even the ultra-conservative US Army has adopted optical sights.) The idea that in some special circumstances open iron sights or aperture (peep) sights might be more useful is not lost on me, but with the inevitable advance of age comes the reduction in visual acuity needed for using iron sights.
I believe that many who completely resist the idea of...