40 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined: 07/29/2008
Posts: 723
Wake Up - We're at War

Got a link? I just went there and looked back a week. Couldn't find anything on Ward Churchill. What's your username? Talkleft looks kind of second string.

Kos gets something like 10,000 comments a day, might try there, over a hundred new posts daily. Check up top for terms of use. They are very lenient on nasty words but much of what is normal fare here would get you instantly banned. No personal attacks etc. I'm sure they have rules about wind ups too.

I was responding to Expat. Jtap what are you going on about? Sometimes you're hard to follow.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
Wake Up - We're at War
civetcat wrote:

I was responding to Expat. Jtap what are you going on about? Sometimes you're hard to follow.

civetcat wrote:
Jtap every time someone says something nasty about me rather than about what I said I figure they really ................

No I believe that I would be Jtap.
Expat would be , well Expat.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Wake Up - We're at War

Civet, that was almost four years ago, when left wingers were more civil than they are now. I encourage any conservative to give it a try -- talkleft, Kos, whatever. Be polite no matter what, admit your conservative stance (don't fake anything), state your opinion, and rely on facts, reason, and logic. Don't be baited into personal attacks. In fact, you'll find that it absolutely enrages them if you examine flaws in their logic without getting emotional. You'll be amazed at the venom that comes your way, and how remarkably intolerant they are of dissent.

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Wake Up - We're at War

.

Quote:
Expatriate wrote,
You'll be amazed at the venom that comes your way, and how remarkably intolerant they are of dissent.

I have done this as well and received the internet version of being shouted down. I will say this for SoCokhunter, he has allways been reasonable, intelligent and ( except for a few small slips) respectful. He is Polite and despite our disagreements he has never gotten personal. I simply cannot agree with him or civet but I do respect their beliefs. Any who think he has been, just do like I or expatriate have done and go to a liberal/anti gun sight and see the kind of vile hate that comes your way. At least none of the dissenters here have ever (to my knowledge anyway) been truly hateful.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Wake Up - We're at War
civetcat wrote:
They are very lenient on nasty words but much of what is normal fare here would get you instantly banned.

So would you prefer to be banned here since you don't fit in with the majority? Your above statement is a contradiction. You state that Kos is lenient on nasty words but yet you would get banned for what? disagreeing? telling someone the facts?

I have visited Kos, Huffington Post and others and quite frankly, I don't find them to be pleasant experiences at all. During this past campaign in particular, there was a huge amount of misinformation and distortion about McCain and Palin being passed around. Why would anyone want to step into a discussion like that? In fact they weren't discussions, it was outright bashing.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Wake Up - We're at War

Now to get back on topic.

I do believe our country is in turmoil, not sure I would quite say "at war" but definitely turmoil. Just look at this forum as a small sample of what is happening around the country.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Wake Up - We're at War
cowgal wrote:
Now to get back on topic.

I do believe our country is in turmoil, not sure I would quite say "at war" but definitely turmoil. Just look at this forum as a small sample of what is happening around the country.

Cowgal, of course I meant "war" in the figurative sense and choose it because it seems to describe the situation we're facing in this country. Perhaps a "civil" civil war might be a more appropriate discussion. We have to main factions facing off vying for power and control.

The left has taken a strategic advantage because the right has become mired down in old political strategy and is lead by a failed leader. They are more unified and committted at this moment. That is why it is time for the right to wake up and realize what is happening.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1787
Wake Up - We're at War
cowgal wrote:
civetcat wrote:
They are very lenient on nasty words but much of what is normal fare here would get you instantly banned.

So would you prefer to be banned here since you don't fit in with the majority? Your above statement is a contradiction. You state that Kos is lenient on nasty words but yet you would get banned for what? disagreeing? telling someone the facts?

I have visited Kos, Huffington Post and others and quite frankly, I don't find them to be pleasant experiences at all. During this past campaign in particular, there was a huge amount of misinformation and distortion about McCain and Palin being passed around. Why would anyone want to step into a discussion like that? In fact they weren't discussions, it was outright bashing.

civetcat is constantly smeared as not being a shooter or hunter, has been called a liar, has been made fun of, and nary a word is said when that is directed at him. But, when he makes the slightest comment that could be construed in some far fetched way to be negative he is pounced upon by at least six different members here. Doesn't seem completely stand up to me.

I read the huff all the time and the blogs I read are definitely Democrat but seem to be that point of view presented respectfully. I also read the comments after the articles and yes, again obviously most are from Democrats, but I see conservatives post their disagreements and they aren't treated disrespectfully. Sure, people post they don't agree with them much like we do here, but no overt disrespect. Cowgal if you can provide a link to an example please do.

I've never read the KOS or any other 'liberal' cite and don't care to. I predominantly check out fitness sites, hunting sites, the huff post, this site, and that's about it. I get much of my right wing political information from all the hunting sites I visit. I didn't start going to hunting sites for that (for hunting info rather) but always saw a political forum on those sites and felt compelled to check them out and then became mystified and awed by some of the BS I read in them.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Wake Up - We're at War
CVC wrote:
Cowgal, of course I meant "war" in the figurative sense and choose it because it seems to describe the situation we're facing in this country. Perhaps a "civil" civil war might be a more appropriate discussion. We have to main factions facing off vying for power and control.

The left has taken a strategic advantage because the right has become mired down in old political strategy and is lead by a failed leader. They are more unified and committted at this moment. That is why it is time for the right to wake up and realize what is happening.

I knew you meant figuratively CVC. Emotions are still running high and will be until after Obama takes over and we see what of his agenda he decides to carry out. I don't believe he will do most of what he promised.

I agree that the left is more unified and the right needs to regroup and rework the GOP from the ground up. We need to find a common goal again.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Wake Up - We're at War
SoCoKHntr wrote:
civetcat is constantly smeared as not being a shooter or hunter, has been called a liar, has been made fun of, and nary a word is said when that is directed at him. But, when he makes the slightest comment that could be construed in some far fetched way to be negative he is pounced upon by at least six different members here. Doesn't seem completely stand up to me.

SoCo, civet dishes it out as much as he receives. He (and you do too) make some nutty statements and then get offended when you're called on them. I find most folks on here to be civil and respectful in their posts. Its hard not to get emotional when crazy stuff gets posted. The two of you have done your share of name calling.

So back to my question. What do you propose BGH should do? Ban or edit the dissenters?

No links to provide. I didn't save any of the stuff I read, didn't care to. It was during the campaign and most was quite vile. I don't make a habit of visiting leftwing sites. In fact I'll visit MSM sites over leftwing, at least there is hope of finding some news instead of just opinion.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
one more day and a wake up.WiskeyJaR410/04/2009 22:00 pm
Three days and a wake upBradcue408/30/2007 14:31 pm
What would you think?VA YOUNG BUCK1212/28/2003 20:41 pm
Message to HammerHammer11511/21/2006 07:15 am
Proud to be American fire5179407/05/2010 20:07 pm