Available Reticles: Dead-Hold BDC
An evolutionary upgrade, Vortex Viper HS riflescopes offer hunters and shooters an array of features sure to be well received. A new optical system highlighted with a 4x zoom range provides magnification versatility. The ultra-friendly eye box with increased eye relief gets shooters on target quickly and easily—because shooting opportunities can be measured in fractions of seconds. Built on a ultra-strong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube, the Viper HS delivers increased windage and elevation travel for optimal adjustment.
The Viper HS 4-16x50 LR (Long Range) model features an exposed tall elevation turret with Vortex’s CRS (Customizable Rotational Stop) zero stop. Combine that with 75 MOA of elevation travel (24 MOA per revolution) and you get a riflescope perfect for dialing precision long-range shots.
- XD Lens Elements - Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR Lens Coatings - Vortex proprietary XR fully multi-coated lens coatings increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
- 30 mm Tube - Provides greater strength and wider adjustment lattitude.
- One-Piece Tube - Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance as well as strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Construction from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum delivers increased strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the tube for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Filled with argon gas to inhibit internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof - Lenses are locked in place, fore and aft, with machined locking rings to remain in perfect alignment and withstand recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish - Hard-coat anodization is durable; the low-glare matte helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- ArmorTek - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- CRS Zero Stop - Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) prevents dialing more than one rotation below your zero so you don't lose the zero when dialing large amounts of elevation corrections. Patent pending.
- Exposed Elevation Turret - Open type elevation turret with 1/2 MOA clicks and 24 MOA per turn allows rapid, accurate dialing of hold over corrections when desired.
- MAG-View - Combines a fiber optics magnification indicator with raised rear-facing magnification references for clear viewing in low light conditions. Patent 7,937,879
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Side Parallax - Uses an adjustment mechanism on the left side of the riflescope to fine-tune focus for the purpose of reducing parallax shooting error.
- Magnification: 4-16 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 50 mm
- Eye Relief: 4 inches
- Field of View: 27.4-7.4 feet/100 yards
- Tube Size: 30 mm
- Turret Style:
Exposed elevation turret
Capped windage turret
- Adjustment Graduation:
1/2 click elevation
1/4 click windage
- Travel per Rotation:
24 MOA elevation
12 MOA windage
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 75 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment: 50 MOA
- Parallax Setting: 50 yards to infinity
- Length: 13.7 inches
- Weight: 22 ounces