1 reply [Last post]
utah 2011- any bull elk hunt-help

hello, this is my first elk hunt. I have a permit for the any bull elk hunt in utah for this year. I haven't be able to get any good ideas on where to go. I live in cache valley, and most of the areas close to me up here is private property. here is the region for any bull elk http://wildlife.utah.gov/HAM/public/details_boundary.php?boundary_id=465  .. any ideas on where i should try whould be appreciated.. fell free to email me.

Also from Cache Valley

Hey, i also have the any bull tag and went on the 8/9 to the Uintas.  It was a disaster.  Im sure the hunting wouldve been great had we even had the chance, but that is a tale for another day.  Im going to try some outings locally.  I hear there are some good herds in the area west of Ant Flat road west into the Avon/Mantua area, if i can get onto any land that isnt private.

Go the website you have posted and zoom in where Porcupine and Hardware ranch are and you can see the area im talking about.  Only trouble is that map doesnt show whats public and private, but its close enough that im just gonna go scout it out and if I dont get any this year then at least I will know some decent spots for next year.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like