SPRING BLACK BEAR HUNTS: (APR. 1 TO JUNE 15)
These trips require average marksmanship with less than 100-yard shots being most common. Glassing and stalking for short distances along beaches and grassy creek mouths during the afternoons is the most common method of hunting. Physical demands are low to average and typically suited to all hunters from young beginners to the physically challenged. Seasonal temperatures in the mid 50-degree F. range with daily occurrence of showers make rain-gear and waterproof boots, hat, and gloves essential. Typical spring boars have excellent hides, average 300 pounds, and square 6 1/2 to 71/2 feet. Although 80% of these bears will be black, they do harvest chocolate and cinnamon phase animals in some areas. Skull sizes average over 19"; several animals each year record over 20". Black bear populations are high in their area with an excellent opportunity for hunters to harvest a "one in a lifetime" trophy. Recommended rifle - 300 Win Mag or larger with variable scope and 200 grain bullets.
Our exclusive outfitting area is comprised of over 7,000 hundred square miles of the Coast Range Mountains situated adjacent to Vancouver Island. This remote country is inaccessible from the interior of British Columbia by road, which virtually eliminates local hunting pressure. Using the combination of our 60 foot yacht, unsinkable skiffs and Suburbans that we barge in, we can access even the most remote of locations. Black Bear Hunting with us is a relaxed pace adventure suitable for hunters of all ages and abilities. Our hunt area offers abundant game and a 2 bear limit! Our area also offers the opportunity to hunt for the SCI Island Bear as well as the North American Black Bear on the same trip. Both bears are present in color phase as well.
· Hunt requires low physical ability - no hunting or climbing, conducted by18 ft. skiffs
· Hunt includes one black bear and one wolf, and fishing in most areas
· Cost $6,500 Cdn per hunter - minimum 4 hunters - 5 day / 4 night hunt, 2 x 1 guided
· Cost $7,500 Cdn per hunter - minimum 3 hunters - 7 day / 6 night hunt, 2 x 1 guided
· Trophy Fee for second bear on all hunts $3,000 Cdn + $180 Cdn tax + second species license $192.60 Cdn
· No T.F for wolf which can be "baited and called electronically or with predator calls"
· Single hunters will be booked to form groups of four hunters
· Four person maximum group size for yacht based hunts but can be combined with lodge based accommodation available for 6-8
· Angling guests can also be combined with hunters at lodge based rates which include guides, boats, tackle, and all meals
We are offering a 15% reduction on our spring Black Bear rates as detailed above for groups of 2-4 hunters booking together and have the following prime dates available: May 14-18, May 28-June 1
June 4-8 "rut hunts", and June 11-15. We also may have space in late April and Early May for 2 person groups and singles.
Refer to BCH4 for this outfitter.