23 replies [Last post]
Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Man, seeing your photos

Man, seeing your photos really makes me miss Ohio!  I had some great times there.  Never got a deer there, but saw plenty, and had fun hunting for them a few times.

I spent 4 years down in Marietta, right below you I believe, on the Ohio River, and border of West Virginia.  Those hills around that southeast area of the state, all along that river, hold some killer bucks!.  I hunted a little further down stream.  We used to go driving alot though over into West Virginia to look for deer.  Tons of them, that's for sure.

Some awesome bucks you're getting on your trail cameras.  Can't wait to see what you shoot this fall!

ManOfTheFall's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Yeah, I can't wait to get the

Yeah, I can't wait to get the pics off the new site I just put the camera at. They will be outstanding pictures!!!!!

stillrollin300's picture
I must admit you have my

I must admit you have my hopes up to see some brutes from your new bean field.  Its like a kid at christmas waiting for his presents.  Are they going to allow you access for hunts or just a pass for pictures.  I know you said you hunt the adjacent property but you never know what secrets may lie.

ManOfTheFall's picture
I have asked for permission

I have asked for permission on this property for 3 straight years now. All three times have been a no. But, we have always had great conversations and it has gone well every time except the final answer of no. I will be taking a different approach this year. I got permission for the trail camera and I will be taking them some meat also. I will be sharing the pictures with them and I am confident this will really help my case for next season. Who knows, They may even allow me this season. These deer snack sticks I get are a killer. I have people that absolutely flat out refuse to eat deer meat, but those snack sticks, no one has ever turned away from them I believe I am as good as in. If not this year next year for sure. Wish me luck. I am also going crazy about these pictures. I want to get them now. The wait is painful,lol.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Ah, bribery always works

Ah, bribery always works well... Wink

My Dad and I have always given some of the meat to the landowner on any land we hunt.  It's a very good thing to do.  Even in years where we may not get a deer, my father will still bring the L.O. some fresh trout, or some other type of game.  It really greases the palms, so to speak......

stillrollin300's picture
haha I can imagine.  I will

haha I can imagine.  I will offer the adivice I got when looking permision to hunt my place.  Bribe them with pie, lol.  I didn't have to go that route as they had no problem.  Its good that you have had the chance to give good conversation over the past few years as it should start to sway them to a yes.  I can understand most peoples worries for allowing people they don't really know onto their land and give them permision to shoot things.  You would have to think that if they see you year after year and have good conversations and see that you aren't the run and gun type they would say yes after a bit.  Everyone knows there are quite a few hunters out there that give a lot of us bad reps.  I will keep my fingers crossed that they say yes and let you hunt the land this year.  I would be intrested in seeing what deer you haven't seen on your property.

ManOfTheFall's picture
I can tell you this much.

I can tell you this much. over the last 8 years we have seen some real slobber knockers out here. Unfortunately we haven't arrowed any of the real giants. But as we learn more each year and have started to practice QDM, I know our day is coming. I am talking about my son and I. Although the last couple of nights I have been frustrated. I drove out to the bean field to get some video and nothing. The problem is there is this little country church about 80 yards from where the big boys always come out at. Well, this week they are having evening bible scholl and kids are screaming everywhere. I'm sure they are hanging back until it clears out and probably aren't coming out until after dark. I know I will still be getting pictures though. 

ManOfTheFall's picture
If it was deer season, this

If it was deer season, this big boy would be giving me a 25 yard broadside shot!!!!!

ManOfTheFall's picture
With the bible school going

With the bible school going on out at the church and about 50 screaming kids every evening I think they spooked away the bucks for a few days. Thankfully today is the last day of bible school and the bucks will soon return to their regular pattern soon. Plus the beans don't even have any pods on them yet. Once that happens they will really be coming out. I did manage to get a couple pics of the non-typical I talked about but the angle of his head and rack aren't that good so the pics don't do him justice. Here they are though. I think I will put them on TV and take some still shots of the 3 bucks I seen the one night. That way you can get an idea about the size I was talking about a little better. 

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Wow!  Keep those photos

Wow!  Keep those photos coming.  Those are some dandy deer!

Gonna check mine tomorrow, and if not stolen, I hope to have a photo or 2.  It's my first try.  I know the deer are there, but I am hoping for a surprise, like maybe a pig.  Someone spotted a group of 18 just around the corner from my spot... Wink

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
trail cam pics???brokenarrow1508/05/2013 01:13 am
trail picskennyw301/07/2008 14:10 pm
Trail Cam Picsprhunter909/11/2014 16:50 pm
Aliens in your trail camera pics of your deer?Deer Slayer3808/29/2011 17:19 pm
My trail cam picsmossbuck352910/05/2010 15:26 pm