23 replies [Last post]
ManOfTheFall's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Trail cam pics for 2011!!!!!

Between my 2 camera's I have about 1500 pictures in 3 weeks. Of course they aren't all deer but I had several of does, fawns, and smaller bucks. I have a couple good shots of a 2 year old six point which of course we will be passing on. I'm pretty sure I had a couple pics of 1 shooter but he was pretty far off in the bean field and there wasn't very good detail so I didn't bother keeping it. I will be getting some food out there soon so maybe I will get more pics. I have a good pic of him on 7/7 and then a couple more on 7/20. What is cool about that is you can see the growth in his rack in that short time. I also threw in some cool pics of a nice looking doe.

ManOfTheFall's picture
Here are the doe pics. They

Here are the doe pics. They are pretty cool!!!!!

stillrollin300's picture
That looks like it could be

That looks like it could be nice in a few years.  What kind of camera do you have?  It takes really good pictures.  Im still looking for a older deer on my camera.  Most of my pictures are young deer but they look like they have the ability to be monsters in a few years.

PreviewAttachmentSize
8pt.jpeg
8pt.jpeg826.04 KB
group.jpeg
group.jpeg796.82 KB
looking 6.jpeg
looking 6.jpeg807.2 KB
ManOfTheFall's picture
Yes, they too look like they

Yes, they too look like they will be some nice one in a couple of years. Tonight I am taking my video camera out to one of my favorite bean fields. We just had some thunderstorms roll through and it dropped about 15 degrees. I'm hoping to get some good video footage. I will update you all after I get back.

ManOfTheFall's picture
:\\\\:D/  I had a pretty good

I had a pretty good evening.  I filmed a very large, wide 8 point that I would definitely shoot. Then there was a really cool looking non-typical that I might shoot. I will have to study him a little more to see how old he is. There was a nice looking 9 point that needs another year or two. Then we also had some spikes and some does. The only bad thing is I can't hook up my camera to the computer so you all can't see the videos. Sorry about that.Cry baby

stillrollin300's picture
Im heading out after I finish

Im heading out after I finish my breakfast to check my camera.  Can't wait to see if I have any more bucks I haven't seen or to see the growth of the ones I have seen.  If I have anything new I will post them when I get home.

stillrollin300's picture
This guy is starting to look

This guy is starting to look nice.  Hope I see him during bow season.  Would make a very nice first bow kill.

PreviewAttachmentSize
crab2.jpeg
crab2.jpeg784.43 KB
crab3.jpeg
crab3.jpeg551.16 KB
ManOfTheFall's picture
Is that a big deer for your

Is that a big deer for your area? I know they say in the south the deer aren't as big as they are up here in the mid-west. In our area I would say that looks like a very nice 2 year old and I would want to give him probably 2 more years and he could blow into a giant. But, you do what you feel is best for you. For a first bow kill that would be a very nice looking buck that is for sure. Good luck this year.

ManOfTheFall's picture
I was looking over the past

I was looking over the past couple years of trail cam pics and I am 99% positive the big wide 8 I filmed the other night I have pics of him as a 2 year old. Here are 2 pics of him from 09'. If I get any pics of him this year I will post them and you can all tell me what you think. I don't have any camera's on this bean field because I can't hunt it. But, I hunt property adjacent to it. I am going to ask the land owner if I can place a camera on it so I can get some good pics of this 8 and other bucks I will be hunting on my family farm. Chad, you will see what I mean by 2 years. I really hope they will let me put a camera on their field. I hunt their travel routes on the way to this field. Right now my 2 camera's are on another property I hunt. I may move one over to the other property. 

PreviewAttachmentSize
deer3 680.JPG
deer3 680.JPG990.58 KB
deer3 681.JPG
deer3 681.JPG993.93 KB
stillrollin300's picture
The deer I posted earlier

The deer I posted earlier would make most hunters around here go crazy.  Its hard to get most people to let good young deer walk and make it to prime age.  I am looking to take older deer no matter what the size.  There are also a lot of hunting clubs that run dogs that shoot everything.  I think the place I am hunting is free of that for the most part thankfully.  I would rather this guy get a few more years on him before I go after him.  This will be the first year I have really had to scout and hunt this property.  I got permision last fall so I didn't do a lot of scouting.  I do want to harvest a deer during bow season but I'm going to be somewhat selective for my first deer.  I know there are some older deer that have smaller unique racks.  Im going for them when the season starts.

ManOfTheFall's picture
Glad to hear how you are

Glad to hear how you are being selective and letting the younger ones walk. I did get permission to put a camera on that bean field though. I have watched this field many times over the past 3 years. There is only one place that I have seen them come out. I was there probably less than 1 minute. I sprayed everything down and got the heck out of there. I will probably check this camera in 1 week and you will hopefully get to see some of thes beasts I've been getting on my video camera.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
trail cam pics???brokenarrow1508/05/2013 01:13 am
trail picskennyw301/07/2008 14:10 pm
Trail Cam Picsprhunter308/31/2014 19:43 pm
Aliens in your trail camera pics of your deer?Deer Slayer3808/29/2011 17:19 pm
My trail cam picsmossbuck352910/05/2010 15:26 pm