No replies
Total newby - Colorado GMU 59/581

new to Colorado and hunting and this forum - my son and I drew 1st season rifle tags for elk in GMU 59, which includes 581.

So, I'm looking for tips and advice, and any references for guides and outfitters.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat as y'all, I drew a cow tag for first rifle. I have been scouting a quite a bit and it took me at least 6-7 attempts to even located a heard. Even after i located them i havent been able to pick up their pattern of movement. Usually where i run into them they are grazing on private land... I would be willing to discuss some potential areas with you if you can help keep me in the loop, as far as where the heard is and such. I am military and get very little time to scout. If interested let me know and i will discuss it with you via email. 

I am in the same boat as y'all, I drew a cow tag for first rifle. I have been scouting a quite a bit and it took me at least 6-7 attempts to even located a heard. Even after i located them i havent been able to pick up their pattern of movement. Usually where i run into them they are grazing on private land... I would be willing to discuss some potential areas with you if you can help keep me in the loop, as far as where the heard is and such. I am military and get very little time to scout. If interested let me know and i will discuss it with you via email. 

lets talk

sounds good.  where have you been scouting?

lets email.

lets talk

lets email.

lets talk

lets email.

Jafruech's picture
I am in the same boat as

I am in the same boat as well. Active military here too. Would definitely be open to going scouting/hunting as a group. I just made a post asking for the same kind of help before I saw your thread

Related Forum Threads You Might Like