5 replies [Last post]
Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 300 wsm w/DNZ mounts - PROBLEM

well, I finally got my Elk rifle in and mounted a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3x9x42 using the DNZ Game Reaper mounts. Shooting the 180 grn. softnose Federal round, my rifle shoots MOA with two rounds making one hole. I guess the third round was a flier. I am pleased with the rifle. However, I have a problem. The closest I can come to the bullseye is 1" to the left. I have cranked my scope as far as it will go to one side of the windage. I have contacted DNZ to see if they have any ideas. I centered the reticle in both elevation and windage before mounting the scope. In bore sighting, the crosshairs were way over to the left of bullseye and it took all of my remaining windage adjustment to get the crosshairs to come close to my 1" bullseye on the target. I have thought of reversing the one piece mounting on the rifle to see if this might move the scope more towards center. Has anyone experienced this problem?
By the way, the Tikka T3 Lite is not as punishing as other shooters are concerned with. It is very easy on recoil and super light. The factory set trigger is very smooth, no creep at all, and it is light. I can't say enough about this rifle. I am, however, concerned with the DNZ mounts. I have not had this problem with this scope on other rifles. i may be sending the DNZ mounts back.
ANY IDEAS????

Also, after reading the ballistics on Federal's balistics downloadable program, I am setting my scope for a 300 yard zero. This places the 180 grh Federal Premium Barnes MRX bullet at 3.3" high at 100, just under 4" at around 225 yards, zero at 300 yards, and just under 4" low at 350 yards. Any ideas here as well????

PreviewAttachmentSize
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG986.78 KB
IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG1.08 MB

I have a Tikka 300Win Mag with a Bushnell 3200 Elite 5-15x40. I have Melling rings mounting my scope. I have had no problems with these rings they have held up well to the recoil of the Win. mag. This last Oct. marked my third Elk season w/ this set up Even w/ all the abuse the rifle gets doing pack in Elk hunts it always shoots true. Just my opinion. Good luck

HOGGETTER's picture

I have been shoot my Tikka 300WSM for four years know , But i put a Leupold B&C Lorg range 4.5 x 14 on it and it shoots great out to 450 yards. I only shoot Winchester supreme ammo, either 180 grain XP3 or silver tip balistics. I could not get Federal ammo to hold any tight groups. My gun is zero'ed at 200yds. Put a sims recoil pad on the shock and one on the barrel, also adjust the trigger lighter just a little its simple , read the instructions the gun came with for the trigger.

Oldnavy, just wanted to add that my Win. Mag also grouped better w/ the winchester ammo tried Rem., Fed, Hornaday. The Winchester ammo just shot better for me I now prefer 180gr. XP3's

OldNavy - sorry to hear about this problem! I have the DNZ mounts on my T3 Lite (in 7 Rem Mag) and also put a set on my 25-06; am VERY satisfied with both. Both sets lined up perfectly first time - sounds like yours did not, have you contacted DNZ?

Ya, I contacted DNZ. They seem to be some pretty good guys. However, I could not get the scope to come to the left even after doing what they suggested. I am sending the DNZ product back and have tried the factory supplied rings. My scope lined up first time. I do not intend on keeping the factory mounts on my rifle. They are "Butt" ugly. i am wondering about Warne or Millet rings. I have AL TALBOT QD rings and base on my Arnold Arms 25-06. They have been wonderful for over ten years. The scope has been on and off this rifle more times than I can remember and the scope still retains original zero. He has modified his current mounts and I really like what he has done. However, I can not afford the $300.00 dollars for the base and two sets of rings (one for my Busnell 3200 Elite and another for my Leupold scope. I can whole heartedly recommend his product though.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
tikkacodfish208/01/2009 19:14 pm
***Newbie Here*** What scope for Elk hunt?JJanisch1602/22/2011 19:09 pm
TIKKA T3 LITE S/Swonksy502/22/2007 06:51 am
My new Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300wsmOldnavy612/29/2009 21:42 pm
Best scope base and rings for Tikka T3 SS Lite in 300WSM????Oldnavy704/28/2013 12:27 pm