62 replies [Last post]
Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Ted Nugent

I dont defend everything Teds done in his life. Neither does he! Im sure he did things as a young rock star he regrets and is not proud of. So have I they just weren't in the news because I'm not famous, rich and dont have young women throwing themselves at me (boo hoo for me!). Had I been tempted like that Im sure I would have probably done worse (or better depending on your point of view, but I digress). As far as draft dogding womanizers go your party has more than it's share so Im surprised youd even bring it up. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Like all of us I have sins to account for. They just werent as much fun as Teds Im sorry to say.
SoCo also wrote,

Quote:
To those who need to reaffirm their desire to be seen as macho men, I can understand his appeal.

Im sorry SoCo if masculinity offends you. I dont buy in to the left wing idea of the neutering of the american male. I dont believe that just because someone acts like a real man that somehow he's a knuckle dragging ignoramus. I believe in that wonderful spiritual primal scream of the hunt. I recoice in being a man in a free society. I also believe one can be a man and have a pair and still be intelligent, reasonable and thoughtful. In fact that's part of the whole package. I saw on your profile that you are in to physical fitness, hunting and shooting so why you would be offended I can't figure out. Now don't tell Nancy Pelosi but I still have a pair. They're hanging a little lower than they used to as gravity does it's evil work. But the'yre there none the less. Laugh

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1772
Ted Nugent
BunnySlayer wrote:
Im sorry SoCo if masculinity offends you. I dont buy in to the left wing idea of the neutering of the american male. I dont believe that just because someone acts like a real man that somehow he's a knuckle dragging ignoramus. I believe in that wonderful spiritual primal scream of the hunt. I recoice in being a man in a free society. I also believe one can be a man and have a pair and still be intelligent, reasonable and thoughtful. In fact that's part of the whole package. I saw on your profile that you are in to physical fitness, hunting and shooting so why you would be offended I can't figure out. Now don't tell Nancy Pelosi but I still have a pair. They're hanging a little lower than they used to as gravity does it's evil work. But the'yre there none the less. Laugh

Nothing wrong with a man being a man, in fact, I applaud it when it's real. I just don't care for loudmouthed fake showings of manhood which is what I would classify him as.

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Ted Nugent

I forgot to answer this.

Quote:
Bunny, you have any kids? How'd you feel if good ol ted had your fourteen year old daughter bedding down with him on his tour bus?

I have a 17yr old daughter who (unfortunately for me) is growing up beautiful. How this happened with my genes I dont know. Ive told my wife to make it stop but that hasnt worked. Fortunately Brad Pitt is more her type that Ted ever was but to fairly answer your questions his head (or anyones for that matter) would be hanging on my den wall.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Ted Nugent

Ole Ted is not my favorite person, nor do I find him to be an ideal spokesperson for hunters, however the above linked article we're discussing is accurate and to the point. No hyperbole in my opinion.

Though I don't care for Ted, he's one of the few "stars" that speak out in support of 2nd Amendment rights. He has many flaws, but so do many in his line of work, and they don't have trouble supporting Peta or whatever organization they happen to be gagga over.

I wish we had more highly visible people like Charlton Heston speaking out for us. Its sad that he's gone.

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Ted Nugent

Cowgal wrote,

Quote:
Though I don't care for Ted, he's one of the few "stars" that speak out in support of 2nd Amendment rights. He has many flaws, but so do many in his line of work, and they don't have trouble supporting Peta or whatever organization they happen to be gagga over.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
That the messenger is flawed does not mean the message is! Again it's a tactic of the left to try and discredit someone personally when they have the audacity to make sense.
It's Ok Cowgal that you don't like rockstar types like Ted ...and me. Umm. Yeah...me.
Mr. Cool!

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1772
Ted Nugent
BunnySlayer wrote:
Cowgal wrote,
Quote:
Though I don't care for Ted, he's one of the few "stars" that speak out in support of 2nd Amendment rights. He has many flaws, but so do many in his line of work, and they don't have trouble supporting Peta or whatever organization they happen to be gagga over.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
That the messenger is flawed does not mean the message is! Again it's a tactic of the left to try and discredit someone personally when they have the audacity to make sense.
It's Ok Cowgal that you don't like rockstar types like Ted ...and me. Umm. Yeah...me.
Mr. Cool!

Nice rationalization there bunny. You want someone to hear your message get a spokesperson who doesn't insult people or don't! If your really not interested in anyone hearing that message that possibly could be influenced.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Ted Nugent
SoCoKHntr wrote:
You want someone to hear your message get a spokesperson who doesn't insult people or don't! If your really not interested in anyone hearing that message that possibly could be influenced.

Are you applying the same rationalization to Democrats? Lets say like .... umm... Pelosi for starters? Shall we start a list here?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1772
Ted Nugent
cowgal wrote:
SoCoKHntr wrote:
You want someone to hear your message get a spokesperson who doesn't insult people or don't! If your really not interested in anyone hearing that message that possibly could be influenced.

Are you applying the same rationalization to Democrats? Lets say like .... umm... Pelosi for starters? Shall we start a list here?

Sure, show me where Pelosi has said to you "suck on this b@#$," like Nugent has said to her and other Dems. I'm not arguing the policies of politicians now but rather the character of one person who this thread is about.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1772
Ted Nugent

Here's the exact quote:

Nugent: I was in Chicago last week I said---Hey Obama, you might want to suck on one of these you punk? Obama, he's a piece of shit and I told him to suck on one of my machine guns...Let's hear it for them. I was in NY and I said hey Hillary---you might want to ride one of these into the sunset you worthless bitch...Since I'm in California, I'm gonna find-- she might wanna suck on my machine gun! Hey, Dianne Feinstein, ride one of these you worthless whore. Any questions? Freeeeedom!

I believe it's even on youtube if want video proof.

Now can you show me where Pelosi has acted in kind?

Offline
Location: California
Joined: 09/06/2008
Posts: 1071
Ted Nugent

SoCo wrote,

Quote:
suck on this b@#$,"

I thought that was Bill to Monica? Maybe I'm confused. Al Franken, there;s a nice respectful guy when it comes to tolerating others views. NOT!!! As far a character goes that's an issue no lefty should bring up. A persons character good or bad doesnt mean they're wrong. Ted whatvever you may think of him is right on this (and other) issues. What really gets under your skin SoCo is the fact that the only way you can debate this IS to attack him personally. You have no stance on the issue so this is how you stay in the game. Admit it. You hate him because he's right. The fact that he's loud, arrogant, insulting and brash only rub salt in your iltellectual wounds.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like