16 replies [Last post]
tanzania hunt 2005

I am glad the pictures finally came through. This was my second trip to Africa. I went first to Namibia for plains game. I strongly recommend Namibia to anyone, especially a first timer to Africa. The game is plentiful, daily rates are quite cheap for Africa, the Ph I was with was good and never tried to cheat me or overstate trophy expectations. I went for five days and took two kudu, one gemsbok, one warthog, one blesbok, one springbok, one black wildebeest, one blue wildebeest. Obviously I am not going to spend five days for the one perfect trophy, but I had a real good time and like all my trophies. I went with the Die Keiler group in Namibia and was dealt with quite well. Namibia makes it easy to bring a gun in, no permit fee, no hassle or corruption that I saw. You can take two of every species you want of plains game, as long as you pay the trophy fees, depending on availability and opportunity. Just settle up before you leave. Trophy fees are about the lowest in Africa.

This was my second trip, to Tanzania, for these pictures. The hunt was good, but rates are high and the government licenses are inexplicable. The number of days you hunt determines what you can hunt. Some animals are only available for a 7 or 10 or 12 or 21 day license. i could not shoot anything not already listed on the license, even if opportunity presented and I was willing to pay the fee.

I plan to go back to Namibia for a leopard hunt next year. I doubt I would go back to Tanzania again. Just too expensive compared to other countries.

tanzania hunt 2005

Once again nice animals and it sounds like you had a good time too.

tanzania hunt 2005
kevin davis wrote:
more pix

Kevin those are two nice Buffalo for sure! What did each score for the book?

The 48" one may score the best, but I like the 37" much better for the wall. I'm not a record book guy, was just wondering how they scored. Your red Heartabeast is nice and is one animal I don't have, and have always wanted. It just seems they are never around when I'm hunting, or I see them when stalking a large Buffalo, and I don't want to bugger up the stalk to shoot him.
Again, congratulations on your Tanzania Safari. Thumbs up

SJ
tanzania hunt 2005

Kevin those are all really good looking trophies, conrats on your great hunt, who did you hunt with in Tanzania?

tanzania hunt 2005

I went thru Hunters Quest/Wendell Reich in Dallas, and the outfitter was Bundu Safaris (Adam Clements Safari Trackers), also of Dallas. Good staff and PH, but very expensive. Wendell was a great help.

tanzania hunt 2005

I am new to this site. Very nice bufaloes, congratsulations. Glad you liked Namibia!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
2005 cape buffalo mountkevin davis1003/14/2007 21:24 pm
Tanzania Cape Buffalo - 2010Makwa102/15/2009 11:42 am
Warning on Lion hunts with DoddsGlen Mikolajczyk004/29/2006 16:02 pm
10 Pref. points for Col. in 2005 - Best units to applynorthman712/07/2004 20:12 pm
2005 partridge huntatomikall1206/18/2007 00:43 am