25 replies [Last post]
WesternHunter's picture
Tancredo for President, 2008!

Great mismary, glad to hear it from your own words that you are not a racist. My problem with Tancredo was not in ragards to illlegal aliens or protecting our boarders. My issue with him is seperate from that.

But here are some view that I may and may not share:

Semantics set completely aside, what is "Racist" about securing our Borders and sending illegal immigrants home? Nothing!! NO argument there.

Tom Tancredo is NOT a Racist. He believes in America's sovereignty and is willing to take on the Globalists to preserve it. He is a Man of Honor. If you believe that any politician is a "Man of Honor", then I have a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge I want to sell ya.

America allows over 1 Million LEGAL Immigrants (from Mexico, alone) to come to our Country every single YEAR. They are WELCOME with OPEN ARMS! There is no way that you can claim that we welcome them with open arms. This country does not. I think that we tend to turn our head the other way. Yes there is much much more that can be done. It's become a big animal to tame, and this country has done too little way to late.

"ILLEGAL ALIEN" is not a Race. These people come from all over the globe. The majority cross our Southern Border.... and they don't all just come here to work. Thousands of Americans have died at the hands of these Criminals, who should have never been in this Country in the first place. You want stats??? Do a google search! I'm not going to waste my time baby-sitting your intellect. Cool down there missy. I do not need for you to baby-sit my intelligence. I'm not so ignorant to believe every single thing that I find on google. Not every statistic that you see online is legitimate or correct. You need to be smarter than that. I'm well aware of the problems caused by criminals, citizens and non-citizens alike.

You have obviously closed your mind to the clear and present danger imposed on America. You are dead wrong there lady. There are threats both internally and externally to this country that need to be delt with. One of the worst acts of terrorism commited on our soil prior to 9/11 was commited by an American and former member of our military. Do you remember that one in Oklahoma City???

The parasites (like cancer cells) have sucked our hospitals dry and into bankruptcy. Prove that!! There are a whole lot of other factor involved in this one.

Our schools are being choked out by students who cannot speak english and the "No Child Left Behind" Act is leaving many American students stuck in mediocrity because the Teachers MUST cater to non-english speaking students. I know a couple of patriotic public school teachers who will laugh at you for this statement. They know the truth. ANY student, American or not, who is willing to attend school and put an honest effort into his/her education is NOT going to be choked out or suffer any loss. The only ones who lose out are those who simply do not care about attending school. I see too many American public highschool students who just don't give a crap about anything including their own education. If I was a teacher I'd focus my time and effort on the students who want to learn, regardless of where they are from.

I am sick of US Corporations who exploit these people. Fine those greedy b@stards to Hell! As much as I'd love to agree with you I just can't. I know way too many farmers and ranchers who just can not find Americans who are willing to work sunrise to sunset 365 days a year under the conditions of a true working ranch or farm.

we must take care of our own......JUST LIKE MEXICO SHOULD. Absolutely NO disagreement there lady!!!!!!

Who ever said I was blasting Tancredo on his immigration policy? I think you guys misunderstood or I should have clarified. I said I would not vote for him any more than I would vote for Hitler. That's not really comparing to two, it's more emphesising that he will not get my vote. Tancredo is clearly not extream and shouting death for all immigrants. I never said he was. Again I shouldhave clarified. The comments I recall Tancredo making was not even about hispanics nor mexicans, but was an insult about black people. I heard it. I don't recall his exact words so I won't quote him here, nor will I waste my time searching for the transcripts of interviews that may or may not be online. His political campaign for 2008 is being funded by white supremacyts and hate groups. It's pretty well publicised in the media. What do you think about a politician who accepts funding from these groups?? If he don't have interest in these groups then why accept money from them?? How else am I to view the guy? If ya give someone the perception that you are something, then don' t be suprised if people view you as what you represented. That's the way it is.

denverd0n,
I never said I was going to lay it out for anyone. I asked mismary to lay it out. Lay out what she meant. Lay out what her politics are. Not tyring to change anyones mind here or make you see it my way. I'm stating my view on the man.You misunderstood my post.

expatriate's picture

Uhhh...Westernhunter, I guess I missed the part where you explained your evidence for claiming Tancredo is a racist. I saw where you said you can't/won't find anything, and saw the part where you said it's your belief, but I didn't see evidence to back the claim.

These days, the label "racist" has serious political implications, and Virginia's senatorial election suggests it may be worse than "pedophile" or "pervert." If you're going to get in the arena and start hurling such things around, you'd better be ready to back them. If you don't, you just come off as uninformed and acting on pure emotion.

You're just hitchhiking if all you're doing is jumping on someone else's rhetoric rather than producing your own fact-based opinions. Do the research, produce the facts, and you'll carry a lot more credibility.

WesternHunter's picture

Well why did denverd0n claimed that Tancredo was an okay representative, but that he wouldn't vote for him if he ran for president. Why not? He never explained any of that. Never produced any hard facts as to what an okay rep is. Accused me of comming off as passive-agressive, yet never backed up his claim. So far mismary has not produced any hard facts to support her claims either. A lot of it sounded like pure emotion to me too. I don't find that to be credible either. I don't see where you have enlightened the subject any better yourself expatriate. If you have soemthing to bring to this discussion that will prove me wrong I'm all ears. I'll admit I was out of line if you can support some proof that what I state was dead wrong.

The Chilling Cost of Illegal Immigration:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty2.htm

More from the Center for Immigration Studies:

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalrelease.html

The Mexica Movement:

http://www.mexica-movement.org/WHATISTHEMM.htm

Welcome to Reconquista!

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004848.htm

Audio clips: Their TRUE agenda:

http://www.theamericanresistance.com/race_industry/true_agenda_audio.html

WesternHunter's picture

Okay, took at look at them. Not sure that they are hard facts, but worth a look at. Some of their views are off the wall. None of these links paints a clear picture about anything. You can't say that all mexicam immigrant follow these views anymore than someone saying that all white americans follow the kkk movement. It's not so. You see, the immigrant issue is not where we have the disagreement.

The deal is with Tancredo. Now to be fair I did some research on some of his latest speeches and it appears that he has had some real change of heart from when he first got into politics. Again, remember, he's a politician. I did find some slander photos of Tancredo giving a speech in front of a neo nazi flag that the liberals were foating around on the net. Okay to be fair I did not believe that these photos were real so I won't even give the link here. Yes they did look fake to me, so I will not use them to my advantage. I can be fair. The jury however is still out on him for me. Was actually a bit impressed with some of the recent speeches I read. Then again, remembering some off the wall comments he made in the past makes me wonder.

Okay my suggestion that you were a racist was off kilter and inappropriate. If me yanking your chain got you to clarify youself then we achieved something. However I should have just asked you plain and simple without any suggestion or implications. No insult intended..

Western Hunter, Thank you.

I agree that it's hard sifting through biased facts (lol....how's that for an oxymoron?), but listening to the audio clips....WOW! Their messages are crystal clear and America needs to wake up, IMO.

I don't know that Tom Tancredo has what it takes to become our Nation's Leader. I like his straight-forwardness and commitment to protect America's Sovereignty.

Hunter has announced his run. He's strong on the same issues that I find extremely important, as well.

Before I forget... I hope everyone who reads here will check out one more website:

http://www.dontspeakforme.org

It will raise your spirits!

expatriate's picture

WH, you're the one that made the claim Tancredo was racist. Therefore, the burden of proof is on you. Back the claim. Your claim should have something to back it. "True unless you prove me untrue" doesn't hold water. If it did, I could claim that Venutians run our government from a secret cave deep under Hoboken, NJ. Using your logic, I must be right because you can't prove me wrong. This is nonsense, of course, because in the real world it would be incumbent on me to back such a claim with evidence to support it.

I've made no claims about Tancredo. All I asked is that you substantiate yours. If there's a racist politician out there, I'd like to know about it. But I won't convict someone without evidence. I appreciate that you've backed off a bit now and are thinking critically rather than spewing labels.

WesternHunter's picture

My comment about Tancredo's racism stemed from a comment he made during an interview when he first entered politics. It did not sit well with me and I never gave him much notice after that. That coupled with media reports of his campaign being funded recently by so-called "hate groups" or "neo-nazi" groups. This one needs to be taken carefully, as I won't claim it's fact. Okay, it's hard to pinpoint exactly where every politician gets funding from, and who exactly it is who is funding him, so I will not hang that one on him. But if it's true and he then gives speeches against racism, then what's a person to think? He's a politician. It's there job to tell the American public what they want to hear. Is that what he is doing? Who knows. You can't tell. Hey I don't get too emotional about this stuff as you claimed, can't help it it a stuck a nerve with some of you. My response or claim was not based on my emotion. I just call it the way I see it. You say that if there is a racist politician out there, that you want to know about it. If he was in fact proven to be racist and you wanted to know about it, what exactly would you do about it?? Not really much you can do except take a side that you chose.

bitmasher's picture

I'm not aware of any direct racist comments by Tancredo, say of the nature of Michael Richards. However he has associated with groups that have been labeled racist. I say "labeled" racists, since I really don't know the background on these groups. Read on....

http://colorado.mediamatters.org/items/200610030001

Rolling Stone labeled him a xenophobe

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12054520/the_10_worst_congres...

Gotta consider the source on that last link though.... I'm sure Tom would be in the 10 Best if he all of a sudden decided to support legalizing devil weed.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Colorado governorbitmasher810/19/2010 15:25 pm
Tom Tancredo announces run for governorWesternHunter105/23/2013 12:25 pm
Random Thought.....CVC307/02/2008 12:00 pm
Honduras -- the rest of the storyexpatriate3107/12/2009 16:57 pm
WHO'S VOTING HUSSIEN BARRACK OBAMAHokieman1411/13/2008 22:37 pm