4 replies [Last post]
stoeger m2000

i went to the gunshop last night with plans of getting myself a new waterfowl gun. i really like the beretta extrema 2 with KO and he has one there in max 4 camo with 28" barrel and a scope mount for just under 1500 bucks which is the cheapest ive seen em around here. then i looked a used extrema 1 but the end of the barrel was messed up and the choke wouldnt come out. i told the guy there i was also looking for a 3" gun for my girlfriend to shoot and he showed me the stoeger m2000 in max 4 with 5 chokes for just under 500 and after looking at it i decided to get it.

im just wondering what you guys think about the stoeger or is there any problems i should look out for. and what do you think about the extrema 2 with KO.

stoeger m2000

My son-in-law has a Stoeger 2000 and has had ejection problems with some brands of 3" mag shells.

bitmasher's picture
stoeger m2000

Light loads do seem to be a problem in the 2000, so I would expect to see some ejection issues with trap loads. Hunting loads should be fine. Other than that, they are basic interia driven autos for low $$$.

The Beretta Extrema 2 with KO is an entirely different beast. It should cycle any load you can throw at it (2.75" - 3.5") and keep the recoil down at the same time. The gun is also gas driven as opposed to mechanical with the Stoeger. Like all gas guns they tend to get dirty after a long day of shooting.

stoeger m2000

thanks for the advice we got the stoeger just for her to use as a first gun and so i can she how well she will take care of it before i go and spend a bunch of money on a nice gun and it seemed like a nice gun for her to start out with since its her first year hunting.

old professor do you happen to know what brands of shells he had problems with so i can stay away from them. thanks

stoeger m2000

I have an m2000 and after I first got it there was some problems with cycling light loads. I just kept working the action and lubed it up and after 100 rounds or so it has no more problems. I think it was just a little tight. Also if you are careful to hold it tight to your body it will help the inertia system break in faster. I dont think you can get a better gun without spending close to a grand.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
What type of guns do you have?jpbear1609/08/2007 19:20 pm
Stoeger Condor/Upland opinions?wlfdg409/23/2009 08:11 am
17hmr or 22mag for the eastern coyote??jpbear1709/20/2007 09:49 am