22 replies [Last post]
SGM
SGM's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Bears

Kevin, I look forward to seeing the photos of your game room. I have not taken a bear yet so looking forward to getting my first. Of course once the hunt is over I will post the story and hopefully will have some photos to show also.  The cat hunt was allot of fun but by far was the most physical and strenuous hunt I have ever done. You need to be in good shape as once the dogs hit the trail it is all out until they tree the cat, that is if they tree the cat. Look forward to the photos.

woods1126's picture
Game Room

Sorry for late response. Been very busy getting ready to go to Wyoming this Saturday. Here is a  photo of my game room/living room. Kevin

PreviewAttachmentSize
Game Room/Living Room
Game Room/Living Room2.58 MB
SGM
SGM's picture
Kevin, Great looking room and

Kevin, Great looking room and mounts! We do not have a so called trophy room as we spread the critters throughout the house from the kitchen to the living room and all bedrooms. Someday I will get a skunk for the bathroom too. Your house looks similar to our house as our place is all wood inside and out. Old dry wall is in the garage. Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing the new additions once they are completed.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
That's a hell of a trophy

That's a hell of a trophy room.  Just curious, is that your house, or a hunting cabin?  I absolutely love the natural wood walls, especially when it comes to a trophy room.

Thanks for the photos.  Some great animals up there!

groovy mike's picture
i'm officially jealous ;)

Well - I am officially jealous ;) 

That’s a great looking bear! Thanks for sharing the photos. When you have a chance I’d love to hear more about your hunt – what outfitter did you use? Could you Private message me the cost and contact info. My son has just started hunting with me and I have yet to bag my first bear as well. I’ve been on two bear hunts in Maine without seeing a big bear although I did let a little one walk. I’m only a few hours drive from southern Quebec and I still hope for that big bear to bring home as a rug! Even on a guided hunt in bar country - sometimes you are lucky enough to see a bear that you don't get a shot at. Sometimes you see a bear that has cubs, or is under sized, or is not legal. I have never shot at let alone killed a bear. If you would like more details on my experience with hunting but not bagging bears my story and some photographs are linked here:  

http://www.biggamehunt.net/stories/learning-hunt-bear-0  

Here are a few memories from those experiences: Hopefully someday I’ll have a better ending story and some photographs like yours to add as well!

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Those are some great looking

Those are some great looking bears congrats.  I am assuming when you night bear...they were shot at night.  I bet that makes for a good adreniline rush!!

woods1126's picture
Game Room

Thanks again for the nice comments guys. I am truely blessed to say that the room in the photo is at our second home/camp. It had meager beginnings as a hunting cabin that a very good friend/laid off union carpenter and I built one summer on some land my wife and I purchased in the late 90's. It served as a weekend getaway and deer/turkey camp until summer of 2005  when we sold our main home about 30 minutes away and decided to "live" fulltime at camp. We added on alittle, ran the power(no more generator and oil lamps). Then we put in a real bathroom. No more trips to the outhouse!! It's great living at "camp" but the only problem is now camp is "home". We have recently purchased a home and now we have "camp" again!!! Groovy Mike I will pm you about Quebec. Thanks again guys and hunt safe this fall. Kevin

numbnutz's picture
Congrats on the fine looking

Congrats on the fine looking bears. I enjoyed the story. and that is one heck of a game room. I hope to have one like that some day. I would love to do a out of state spring bear hunt but that is a bit to far to travel, i might try BC since its only a few hour drive from home. Again congrats to you and your son on the fine bears I'm sure the Taxi work will look great.

woods1126's picture
Could use 2 or 3 hunters

Thanks Numbnutz, I hunted BC in 2006 for black bear. It was a spot and stalk type hunt. We all tagged out and saw many bears. We also spotted Moose, Grizzlys, Goats, Elk, Mule deer and Lynx. I don't think you'll be dissapointed. Make sure you do your homework when hireing a guide. Anyway If I could come up with 2 or 3 more hunters for the Quebec hunt next year the outfitter will knock off $300 a hunter. If anyone is interested PM me. His website is gboutfitter.com. The web price is $2000 we can go for $1700 license and tag included! Thanks Kevin 

woods1126's picture
Booked solid

I just wanted to say I spoke to the outfitter yesterday and he is booked solid the weeks we go. We came up with enough guys to get our discount and he had a few of his own bookings. Thanks Kevin

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Anybody going bear hunting this spring?woods1126503/15/2013 20:02 pm
Quebec Bear HuntsEliteGT500shot109/15/2011 15:57 pm
Moose hunt in Quebecoe542309/26/2005 10:23 am
Were back from Quebecwoods11261007/08/2013 23:28 pm
Booking Spring Bear 2011TwoBear012/15/2010 16:56 pm