1 reply [Last post]
South Dakota Whitetails: Archery hunts for $900 - $1,000

If you're looking for a unguided archery hunt for trophy whitetails, this is the hunt you've been looking for. This ranch is on the White River located 14 miles south of Kennebec, SD. It encompasses 4000 acres of which about 1500 acres are wooded river bottoms. What is really unique about this property is the fact that the river channel moved many years back, and the old river bottom is now full of woodlots and hayfields.

Over the past few years there has only been one group of rifle hunters on the property and they've always been successful on 140, 150 and 160+ class whitetails. In addition, the hills and ravines above the ranch hold a fair number of mulies and some very good bucks. You're not going to find a chance to hunt for trophy whitetails and mulies at the price we're offering this year only to introduce bow hunters to the ranch.

Hunters can stay in Kennebec or Winner, SD -- both towns have motels and bars/restaurants. Hunting on the ranch can be done in ladder stands (we've put up six on the property -- you're welcome to bring yours as well), grond blinds or hunting from the ridges overlooking the hayfields and food plots (we planted seven plots this past spring).

We do not have any bowhunters booked for October or first week of November, so these weeks are available on a first come basis. The week of October 15-19 we are filming a segment for "North American Hunter" TV (I'm the Publisher for North American Hunter magazine) and could only accomodate a couple of other hunters that week.

Because of the timing we're offering a special deal to get a couple of groups of hunters on the ranch this fall -- $4,000 for a group of 4 guys, or $4,500 for a group of 5. Hunts are 5 days, but can be extended for $100 per guy per day.

If you're interested, please email me at home at sundberg@rea-alp.com or at work at rsundberg@namginc.com. Or, you can call me during the day at my office at 320-846-6090.

If you want to see a picture of the river bottom portion of the ranch, here's the Terra Server address for this photo:

Don't delay - I've had a number of calls on this offer already and we'll only allow 2 or 3 groups of hunter max for 2006. Our hunt costs for 2007 will be substanially higher.

I look forward to answering any questions you may have.

Rich Sundberg

SD Trophy Whitetails - '06 Dates Still Open

Our website is finally live and can be viewed at http://www.southdakotawhitetails.com. As noted previously, we are offering a special rate of just $900 - $1000 per hunter for a five-day hunt in '06. We're loading pictures of past deer taken and a set of sheds found this spring. There have been a number of 150+ class deer seen on the ranch this fall, so this is an opportunity you won't want to miss.