5 replies [Last post]
Smith & Wesson 460V Review

November 2008 Product Review

Gun reviews typically delve deeply into a firearm's technical aspects, examine the finer details of a model's features and evaluate performance based on a narrow range of criteria. Fitness for a broad scope of applications is often left as something for the user to determine on their own. A different approach will be taken here. Smith & Wesson promotes the 460V as "The World's Most Versatile Big Bore Revolver." This investigation will consider that claim within the context of big game hunting. Read more...

Please use this area to post comments or questions about this review.

Review on 460 S & W

Nice job and interesting but you didn't explain why you would need 2 compensaters. I know why but other readers might not. If I missed it please accept my apology.

It's there. He explained one is to reduce lead fouling. How this works I don't understand though. Can you explain?

Larger holes are supposed to make it easier for lead to be expelled, rather than sticking to the compensator (and other components).

Now why didn't I think of that? Thx

Re: Smith & Wesson 460V Review

I must say I truly enjoy my 460V, the abilty to practice with a 45 the raw power of the 460 and the comfort of knowing it is on your hip in bear country when fishing. If you are going to shoot 460 rounds buy a great set of electronic sound dampering ear protection.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like