87 replies [Last post]
Alpine_Archer's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
1. manofthefall (Shawn)

1. manofthefall (Shawn) Ohio,Saturday Sept.24th

2. numbnutz (Josh) Oregon, Saturday August 27th

3. Bugs Bunny (Nate) Wisconsin, Saturday Sept.17th

4. WishIWasHunting (Mitch) Colorado, Saturday August 27th

5. Arrowflipper (John) Washington, Thursday Sept. 1st.

6. Stillrollin300 (Chad) North Carolina, Last year was September 11 (they haven't released the 2011 -2012 seasons yet. Should update Aug 1

7. deerhunter30 (Jacob) Iowa,Saturday Oct.1st.

8. Alpine_Archer(sean) Florida, sat.  Sep 17th

I struck out last year and Didn't even come close to killing anything but I'm gonna go back at it again this year. I'm hunting public land again but a drew a few nice permits. Good luck to everyone hunting out there this year and be safe. I'll be visiting the site but less frequent then last season.

stillrollin300's picture
Hey guys im gettin pretty

Hey guys im gettin pretty pumped about the start of the season only about six more weeks.  I am heading out tomorrow to check on my plot and my camera.  I'll probally only check one more time after that before the season starts.  The plan is to take my stand in about four weeks early so they become use to it being there.  We have had lots of rain in the past three weeks so my plot should be in good shape.  I hope I have some good pictures, if I get anything decent I will share.

What size deer is everyone gunning for?  Are you looking to drop first buck that walks by or or you setting a goal for a certian age or antler ranking?  I personally have never harvest a buck with a bow and its going to be the first time I really try.  My goal is to harvest a somewhat mature deer 4-7 range reguardless of the score.  However if a nice 2-3 walks by I don't know if I will be able to hold off 

deerhunter30's picture
Ya, Its hard to hold off on

Ya, Its hard to hold off on your first buck. The first buck I took was an aversge size 8pt., I just needed to get it off my chest, after my first one though its a little easier to wait for the big one that you want. When that big one does come along the rush is so much more intense. 

deerhunter30's picture
Can't wait to get my sights

Can't wait to get my sights on a huge non-typical. I have a couple 8pointers and a couple 10pointers. But I just can't get my mind off one of them big nasty racked deer. Hopefully I get my chance this year.

Alpine_Archer's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
If it's brown it's down for

If it's brown it's down for me. I havn't killed anything in quite a few years deer wise so I'm not holding anything back this archery season. lol Whistling Yes

stillrollin300's picture
I went out today and and

I went out today and and checked my camera.  I had some pretty good pictures, all seem young though.  There are a few that look a little scrubish, not sure I could pass any during bow season though since I have never taken a buck.  Plus I don't want to let my partner down (who ever it may be) by not taking a deer.

PreviewAttachmentSize
3B.jpeg
3B.jpeg783.05 KB
8pt.jpeg
8pt.jpeg826.04 KB
group.jpeg
group.jpeg796.82 KB
looking 6.jpeg
looking 6.jpeg807.2 KB
deerhunter30's picture
Heading out to check my

Heading out to check my cameras Friday. Hopefully have some nice ones to post for everybody. Looks like u have a nice mess of bucks, There gotta be some really nice ones in them woods.

deerhunter30's picture
Cant wait until Friday, to

Cant wait until Friday, to curious of what I have on camera so far and I have the day off today.

So hopefully I will have some pics here in a little bit to post.

deerhunter30's picture
Well guys I went out and

Well guys I went out and checked my cameras, no good. I had a few smaller bucks and one 8pointer that was not even worth posting.

The first camera I had set was on some alfaalfa and they took the first cut so I had 259 pictures of a tractor. The second camera was set in the back of my field and it did not pick anything up, not one picture. So I reset in some differant spots and hopefully get some there, I know there are some monsters out there just need to find were there feeding this year, they change the crop in the field every year and it seems to change here pattern every year.

Anyone else get any good pictures? Hopefully i get some at the end of the weekend.

deerhunter30's picture
Ben there before, last year I

Ben there before, last year I shot my first buck in 4 years, I think I started getting to picky. But when your waiting for that buck that you want it starts getting irritating, especially after 4 years. But I got one last year, hopefully i can keep it going this year.

So hows the hunting down were you live. It would be nice if I could afford to go to differant states to hunt. But I dont know about going to get a guided hunt and you end up on a deer farm that they pretty much just let out of a cage. I like hunting land that gives me a challenge, and it usually comes with a good story and a bunch of beer after the hunt.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Archery Deer Contest!!!!!ManOfTheFall508/04/2011 10:44 am
Archery Deer Contest!!!!!ManOfTheFall108/04/2011 10:46 am
Archery Deer Contest!!!!!ManOfTheFall307/21/2011 17:58 pm
ONE LAST PUSH FOR THE ARCHERY CONTEST!!!!!ManOfTheFall409/02/2010 10:26 am
Archery ContestManOfTheFall109/01/2010 00:59 am