11 replies [Last post]
September 2011 Grand Slam Challenge Prizes!

We're excited to announce the September 2011 round of the Grand Slam Challenge!

A great big THANK YOU to our sponsors Webyshops.com and Vortex Optics. They have generously donated $1900+ in prizes for the September round. Show your appreciation by liking their Facebook page and thanking them!

To participate in the contest you are automatically included by simply logging in and posting. For all you new folks, if you haven't signed up yet - now is the time! Lots of great prizes for simply contributing to BGH. You start collecting points on September 1, 2011, however you can start preparing your stories and tips and be ready to collect those points!

Scoring may change for the September round. If it does change, it will be announced in this thread at the start of the month and official rules edited.

NOTE: Remember that all submitted stories and tips must be your own, written by you. If submitted stories or tips are found to be copied in whole or part, you will lose all your points and the right to compete for prizes on BGH.

For complete rules visit the Official Contest Rules page at http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_rules_2011.html for detailed information.

September 2011 prizes:

- 1st Place : VORTEX Viper HD 8x42 Binocular (VPR-4208-HD) - $648

- 2nd Place : VORTEX Viper HS 4-16x50 Rifle Scope, Dead-Hold BDC Reticle, MOA (VHS-4307) - $599

- 3rd Place : VORTEX Viper 15-45x65 Straight Spotting Scope (VPR-65S) - $549

- 4th Place : SCOPECOAT (winner can select custom size!)- $50

- 5th Place : NCSTAR .223 Cartridge Red Laser Bore Sighter (TLZ223)- $40
  Winner can select from one of 9 calibers!

- 6th Place : $25 Gander Mountain Gift Card

- 7th Place : ACCUSCOPE 1/4 MOA and 1/2 MOA Scope Sighting Tool (Chart) (14MOA) - $20

For all the details and photos of the prizes, visit this page:

http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_september-2011.html

Official Contest Rules:

http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_rules_2011.html

Information to help get started with contributing your photos and stories to BGH!

http://www.biggamehunt.net/help.html

Tips and Story submission guidelines:

http://www.biggamehunt.net/forum/tips-and-photo-story-submission-guidelines

GOOD LUCK to Everyone!

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
I was thinking of a nice

I was thinking of a nice little twist maybe you could do with the scoring.  \

Do not show the points earned by posting and along with that do not show the toal points by all forum members.  Would be kinda cool to be surprised what place eveyone would end up in along with it may make it alot more fun when you just do not know where you stand. 

It may make for alot of BS posts, but it also could generate alot of great info and posts..along with more stories and tips.

Just a thought.

Marty.

admin's picture
Thanks for the suggestion! 

Thanks for the suggestion!  That is actually something we had considered in the past and we may try it in the future.  One of the problems though is that most everybody is good about reporting their double posts, because they see it in their score.  If they don't see it in their total score they may miss it and we may miss it as well, although it might be unlikely.

Grand Slam Challenge Contest Scoring

The start of the September round of the Grand Slam Challenge is less than a week away!

The scoring system has been changed a bit. Below is the scoring for the upcoming round.

• 3000 Points for an Approved Story with Photos*
    NOTE: submissions must be received 24 hours before the close of that monthly contest round.
  • 750 Points for an Approved Hunting Tip*
    NOTE: submissions must be received 24 hours before the close of that monthly contest round.
  • 200 Points for Posting a Profile Picture (awarded only once)
  • No Points for Posting a New Forum Topic
  • 1 to a maximum of 375 Points for Posting a Comment to a News Item, Featured Article, Gear Review, Hunting Tip, Photo Gallery or Gallery Picture**
  • 1 to a maximum of 375 Points for Responding to a Forum Topic**
  • 1 to a maximum of 450 Points for Posting a Comment to a Blog Entry**
  • 100 Points per Picture Posted to a Photo Gallery. (Must be hunting or outdoor related. Only the first 100 photos will be awarded points.)
  • 1 Point for Voting on a Comment or Forum Topic/Response
    *NOTE Edited August 26, 2011: Total points for submitted Stories and Tips cannot exceed 30,000 for the month. A bonus of 10,000 points will be awarded to Grand Slam Challenge participants that reach 30,000 by end of the current round.

**All comment posts are subject to a sliding scale.

Note that simply submitting content is not enough to be awarded points. Content must be judged based on the criteria listed in Judging. If submitted content does not meet or violates judging criteria, the content will be deleted and no points awarded. Furthermore points that have been awarded can be revoked based on the judging criteria.

Also a reminder if you're new to the contest, please review the guidelines here:
http://www.biggamehunt.net/forum/tips-and-photo-story-submission-guidelines

For the complete official contest rules visit this page:
http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_rules_2011.html

Good luck to everyone! Thumbs up

groovy mike's picture
Thanks again for all your efforts on the contests!

Thanks for the rules clarification.  One thing that I really really like on BigGameHunt.net is that the rules are clear here.  There really aren’t any surprises.  When I have posted elsewhere that I like the removal of the rule that awarded points for only two new posts per day because that the scoring of points only for two new posts within twenty four hours caused a lot of confusion, I don’t really mean that I was confused about the rules.   I miscalculated the twenty four hour period or made some other mistake, but there wasn’t any point that I felt like I didn’t really understand the rules. 

I do have one question on what is posted above though.  When you say in the edit that 10,000 bonus points will be awarded to challenge participants that reach 30,000 by end of the current round, is that only for those who max out the story contributions at 30,000 points or does that 10,000 point bonus apply to everyone who tops out 30,000 points in total?

Thanks again for all your efforts on the contests.  This site rocks thanks to your hard work!  Mike

points for stories & tips

The 10,000 points bonus is for folks that submit 30,000 points worth of stories and/or tips. Sorry if that part was a bit confusing.

Thank you for the compliments! smile

ManOfTheFall's picture
Just want to put out another

Just want to put out another thanks to BGH and it's sponsors for another great contest!!!!!

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Yet again another great list

Yet again another great list of prizes.  Thanks to BGH and all it's sponsors.  Hunting season getting into full swing so my PC time may be real limited, butnI would much rather be chasing them critter than sitting in the house or office.

hunter25's picture
This is one of the best prize

This is one of the best prize lists yet with very little difference fron first to third. These are all great optics witha wide range of uses. Like Goosehunter said a lot of us will be wandering away for hunts already or very soon depending on what season or weapon you hunt with. I only have one 4 day away this month myself but October and November will be out and away a lot.

Thanks again to BGH and Webyshops, Vortex optics and all the other sponsors past and future for making these contests possible.

numbnutz's picture
A big thank you to BGH and

A big thank you to BGH and the great sponsors. I always have a goos time on the site, not just competing in the contests but helping out fellow hunters and also learning new stuff myself. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting.

groovy mike's picture
Thanks to the sponsors and to the BGH team!

I definitely like the removal of the rule that awarded points for only two new posts per day. I think that prompted a lot of additional posts that weren’t needed and I know that the scoring of points only for two new posts within twenty four hour scoring caused a lot of confusion and point deletions. This way with no points for new posts or awarding just straight points for any and all posts (new or replying) is a lot easier to understand and keep track of. And I need it to be simple if I’m going to keep track of it! Lol Thanks for all the good work you guys (and ladies) do to organize, moderate, and wrap up these contests. It’s your hard work that keeps this site organized and operations running smoothly here. That is a definite plus. Hey and while I’m at it I’ll throw in a THANK YOU not only to the awesome sponsors but also for the moderating STYLE on BigGameHunt.net. Some sights micro-manage every nuance of the site. I find it very welcoming here and refreshing that you all allow the general users to self moderate for the most part. Attitude makes a huge difference and the environment here is awesome. Keep up the good work! Mike

Related Forum Threads You Might Like