22 replies [Last post]
Striker's picture
Photos.

That's a great idea. I tried to post some other photos on this fourum but it wouldn't let me. I'm not on other fourums as of yet. This one seemed like the best one or would you recommend another one?

Striker

elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
BGH !

Striker wrote:
That's a great idea. I tried to post some other photos on this fourum but it wouldn't let me. I'm not on other fourums as of yet. This one seemed like the best one or would you recommend another one?

Striker

BGH is by far my favorite and this is where I share the most. I belong to quite a few, but I feel the most comfortable here, and several other sites are hard just because they already have there own clicks.

As far as posting pics, I use photobucket. You have to use the direct link and click on the little tree looking icon at the top of the comment box in the middle.

Quinton

Second scouting trip

Quinton,
Those are some nice sheds, how the heck are you going to contain your excitement between now and next season. I'm pulling for you to get a good one.
Good luck
Don

elkkill06's picture
Thanks

Don,

I am really looking forward to this hunt and am very excited. The one thing I do not want to happen is turning it into a job. I am going to keep it fun and let the chips fall where they may !  Thumbs up

Quinton

I don't understand keeping

I don't understand keeping sheds? What do you do with them? You can't claim you shot the animals.

I don't hunt for sheds. Hell, I don't even keep my own antlers, but if I did. I'd sure sell them.

elkkill06's picture
Keeping sheds !

Still Hunter wrote:

I don't understand keeping sheds? What do you do with them? You can't claim you shot the animals.

I don't hunt for sheds. Hell, I don't even keep my own antlers, but if I did. I'd sure sell them.

Still Hunter,

I know you are old school, and like my dad and uncles, could care less about the antlers. My dad gave away and threw away more big buck antlers back in the late 60's and early 70's than I would care to know about.

As for myself I truly get a kick out of each and everyone that I find. Big or small they all have a story and some great memories to go along with them. Some I got see my kids find there first one or one of my buddies that have never shed hunted before. They all put a smile on my face and have a place in my heart.

I also have almost every set of antlers that I have taken throughout my life (except for a few that were stolen). They all have a story and memory to go along with them and put a smile on my face everytime I look at them.

I do enjoy eating all of the critters also. I have killed many does and cows (in my middle of the road) lifetime.

Quinton

Umpqua Hunter's picture
Looks super promising

Quinton, it looks like you've got a great spot located. Finding that many sheds seems to indicate there are both elk and a lack of other hunters in your spot. Looking forward to see how your hunt goes!

BleuBijou's picture
I can't

Wait for the pic's and story!!!! You will shoot a dandy!!!!

hawkeye270's picture
Both of those 7's are

Both of those 7's are awesome!! 

I wonder how bad the point

I wonder how bad the point creep will be now for this unit?

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
post season scouting (sheds)Lil John205/18/2004 15:08 pm
first shed trip of the year970TBONE104/17/2014 07:32 am
16B New Mexico Fire Condition in 2013elkmansfe405/27/2013 10:21 am
Elk hunting, 3rd. season in units 25,26Milton209/06/2009 06:55 am
let's post elk scouting picturesHoTm00n2108/24/2006 13:32 pm