4 replies [Last post]
SCRAPIE USA REPORT UPDATE AS AT NOVEMBER 30, 2005

Subject: SCRAPIE ... snip ...

Flounder ... please explain how this is relevant.

hello again serious hunter,

it's very relevant in terms of science and in terms of the hunting society.
TSE are not only in the farmed but also in the wild. they are spreading.
you deleted my postings about BSE, and this is your board. i then posted
data on sheep scrapie. relevant data that some might be interested in. all had references. scientific and peer reviewed. you can delete this too. but in doing so, the ones that have already read it will see a pattern, they may not say anything, but they will see a pattern, one of censorship. i hope this is not the case. i dont plan on posting daily, weekly or much at all on your board. i dropped in, posted some on bse and scrapie, you said the bse was not relevent, so i posted something on the species of your board and TSE that are relevent. hopefully a few will read it, maybe some will even ask a question and start a thread and learn something, maybe not. but i posted nothing flaming, i did not cuss, post anything abbusive and or anything that was fabricated.
you can delete me or ban me all together, but it will not make this disease go away. sticking ones head in the sand is why were are where we are at. even if you do delete my postings again, i hope you at least took the time to read and understand it, and i hope you never have to deal with it, with either an animal or a human. but hiding it is simply wrong. ...

kind regards,
terry

Hello Terry,

I am very concerned about BSE, etc., especially as it relates to the health of me and my family, and secondarily as it relates to hunting. As many of us are. I don't believe I said that anything you posted wasn't relevant. It is probably all important stuff. But if you want to post it - you must explain to us clearly its direct relevance. Most of us are not scientists. Some of us can barely read and write. Give us a sentence or two on the latest news and how it relates, and then a link.

If we want to find out more we can go to your links.

Mod

o.k., will do there serious hunter. not here to start a ruchous, that is for sure, just maybe start a few to thinking, and that's frightening in itself ;-)

here's something that some of you might find relevant ;

RESEARCH AND SURVEILLANCE FOR TSEs IN SHEEP

http://www.seac.gov.uk/publicats/sub-rep.pdf

2004 TSE REPORT

http://www.seac.gov.uk/publicats/annualreport2004.pdf

SCIENTIFIC PAPERS

http://www.seac.gov.uk/publicats/sci-paper1005.pdf

TSS