2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows, compounds, longbows and recurves.
3. All whitetail including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in. To be considered an antlered deer the spikes must be at least 3 inches long. A doe 1 1/2 years or older will count as 5 points. Since this is basically a contest won by antler size a button buck will have a 20 point deduction. A doe fawn will have a 5 point deduction. There is a limit of 2 doe per hunter.
5. Open to all members new and old. Please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 6 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.
6. Signup begins today, Deadline to join is Sep 1st , with alternates then being taken until Sep15th. No entrants will be accepted after Sep 15th. (Depending on number of entrants, teams may be picked earilier in order to ensure enough alternates. Some states season open early. If you are in one of those states you can join and still enter your buck. You will still be placed on a team. There will be no requests about which team you will be on. Once again the draw will be random.
A) Within this post, the measurements as required by the P&Y scoring sheets shall be listed. Example as follows.
B) Total 131 2/8
Right ----- Left
MB 18 6/8 ----- 17 4/8
G1 4 ----- 3
G2 6 4/8----- 6
G3 6 4/8 ----- 4 6/8
G4 4 4/8 ----- 1
G5 1 -----
H1 5 6/8----- 6 2/8
H2 4 4/8 ----- 4 4/8
H3 4 4/8----- 5 6/8
H4 3 6/8----- 3 2/8
Inside spread 15 4/8
8. Total number of inches of all team member's animals will decide the winner....see rule 4.
9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts. Also see rule 10.
10. The entry must be posted within 10 days of taking it OR notification must be made to the team, team captain, that an animal is down with description to determine that a participant isn't holding out for a better animal. This is not fair for single tag states nor those that cannot travel and hunt multiple states. The first antlered animal must be counted.
11. No penned shot deer accepted, deer must be a free range wild animal regardless private or public land. Guided hunts will not be allowed as well.
12. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's. Teams will pick their own captains. Teams will also pick their own names.
13. Contest ends Februaty 6th 2011
14. Rules set forth for a smooth contest, the main rule is to have fun and enjoy your fellow teammates and all the smack talk that goes along with this contest.