8 replies [Last post]
Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Remington 7600 Buckmaster in 30-06 value?
Hey guys, not big on these guns. However, my Dad bought one of my cousin in Maine back about 10 years ago. It has sat at his house ever since, never used. I figure it should get some use, so he is going to send it to me.

My question is, any clue what it's worth, for shipping insurance purposes? I did some quick searching, and this is what I found:

---------------------------------------------
"For 1997 only, Remington brought out a limited edition Buckmasters American Deer Foundation Model 7600 Rifle chambered for .30-06, and featuring fine-line and decorated receivers..............

.........The 1997 catalog offered the Buckmasters imited Edition 7600 with special pressure-applied fine-line engraving on both receiver panels and fewer than 800 were sold. "
---------------------------------------------

So, "special edition", and only less than 800 sold. Is that a big # for a gun in one year to sell, or would that truly be "limited"?

What do you guys think?

Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Insurance Value

If it's just the shipping insurance your worried about, I'd call it $1,000 get it shipped.  If you're looking at possible re-sale as a limited edition and assuming that Dads' rifle is one & not just a standard issue model, it's value may be higher back east where pumps are more commonly used and appreciated than here in the west where bolt guns are the rule.

Critter's picture
Just for the record you are

Just for the record you are aware that he can't ship the rifle directly to you but it has to go through a FFL dealer on your side.

As far as insurance it is cheap.  Check the difference between $1000 and $2000 and if it isn't too bad go with the one for the $2000. 

Ca_Vermonster's picture
I carry a gun for work, 50

I carry a gun for work, 50 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, and live in the great state of KKKalifornia.

You can't do those things, and not know that..... Wink

Critter's picture
Work

Ca_Vermonster wrote:

I carry a gun for work, 50 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, and live in the great state of KKKalifornia.

You can't do those things, and not know that..... Wink

I understood what you did from previous post but I have a neighbor that has 25 years with the Colorado Highway Patrol and you wouldn't believe what he doesn't know about this same subject.

Made The Assumption

Sure Critter I was aware of the FFL requirement & was assuming as a Left coast resident CA was well aware of Kalifornia's shipping laws, inter & intra state.

exbiologist's picture
no premium

my reference puts the 1997 Buckmasters Edition 7600 new in box at $600, which is actually less than the standard grade at $615.  It's not some sort of collectible edition, just a minor marketing twist.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Thanks!  We'll put it right

Thanks!  We'll put it right at $600.

jaybe's picture
Yeah, I was going to say

Yeah, I was going to say $1,000 also. You could go the 2K, but in case of a claim, it would be subject to the opinion of an appraiser and I don't think you would profit from having it over-insured.

If this were a really old gun and it was a very limited edition, the situation might be different. But many of the gunmakers have been putting out "special edition" and "signature series", etc. runs just to try to boost sales. In the final analysis, the guns weren't really that much different, and it didn't affect their value very much as time went on.

Sounds like a nice rifle to have in your gun closet, though. Hope you get a chance to use it hunting and make some memories. Yes

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Remington 700 vs. 7400 vs. 76002ND Amendment403/28/2004 10:51 am
Remington 7600 Forearm Rattlewyldewood203/11/2008 19:23 pm
The Remington 7600 pump ?Country Boy509/07/2004 19:22 pm
Remington 7600 or 7400 and open sight problemsmuzzler1309/19/2005 22:24 pm
First Maine Bear HuntWalkerHemi503/31/2014 18:50 pm