15 replies [Last post]
Rem 700bdl

Anyone know if it is possible to lighten the tripper pull on a rem 700.
I thought it was not that bad till I fired a sako. which has one of the nicest trigger pulls I have shot. Is this something that a gunsmith can, or is it possible to do it myself, purchase special parts or something.

Rem 700bdl

it is not something you should nottry yourself.
Check Remington site for authorized gunsmiths in your area and have them do any work on your Remington.

Rem 700bdl

After posting I did a bit of a google search. I found this site http://www.jardinc.com/rem.htm anyone ever try something like this. Also if this is good how would I determine what weight of pull I would like. Not interested in buying the all. My first concern with trigger pull is safety, I don't want it firing by getting jarred or bumped.

Rem 700bdl

Trigger pull is very adjustable on the Remington triggers but as Hammer stated, you should get the gunsmith to do the work. I have all my hunting remington rifles at 3 lbs trigger pull and the trigger is beautiful. They can be adjusted safely even below this but any of this work will wash Remingtons hands of any responsibility if something goes wrong!

Rem 700bdl

Not worried about Remington, for one reason this rifle is old. I will go see a smith tomorrow and see what he can do for me. I'll post with any results I get.

Rem 700bdl

I had my Rem 700 BDL in 7mm Mag trigger pull adjusted. I had a reputable gunsmith do it for me. Had it dropped from 6.5 lbs to 3. I'm glad I did and now the price to have it done don't seem so bad. Cost me $80.

Rem 700bdl

I had mine adjusted on my Remington 700 BDL 270. It was definately worth it too. I had it done by a friend of mine who works on his own guns. It looks easy from what i saw him doing. I just wouldn't want to try it myself without some guidance. Good luck.

Don Fischer's picture
Rem 700bdl

It is easy but not something to do yourself the first time. Gunsmith all the way. My 700's also break at 3#. I wouldn't want a hunting rifle trigger any lighter. It reaches a point where they start getting hard to control even if they are safe. I'm not sure how those guys with 2oz triggers control them but I know they do. A guy on my small bore team in Germany shot an Anchutz match rifle with a 2oz trigger. I couldn't even load a round in the chamber without it going off!

redrider's picture
Rem 700bdl

Wow 2oz. I'd be afraid the wind would set it off lol

Rem 700bdl

well i did some googling and found this site http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp
Took my rifle apart and had the trigger set to about 1/2 of what the factory set it at. I'm sure it was still factory set as the type of bonding on the screws. It is very close to the same wieght now as that sako I keep yaking about. Feels good. Headed off to the range only to remember as I got there that my key was in my other truck. I used the redneck method of testing the weight with the milk jug idea the one fellow posted here. It is pretty consistent. I know that I still have at least a 2lb pull, probably more like 3+. Now I want to go shoot.

Rem 700bdl

Just make damn sure the safety is working perfectly before you go hunting with it! Thumbs up

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Older Remington Riflestesoronut711/30/2007 12:08 pm