5 replies [Last post]
Rem 700 trigger

Well I have this LH 700 rem. I have tried to adjust the trigger and was somewhat successful but it now has a quirky feel. it creeps quite a bit and has almost like 2 stages. Not sure how clear this is. When I pull it it moves a bit then holds and then releases. Both movements seem very close in pull weight. I think the weight seems about right I really think I have to pull it to far. does this sound right. I tried to buy a trigger only to realize when I got it that it was opposite because mine is a LH.
I got it from Jards so if anyone knows where I might order a LH one from that would be cool too.

Rem 700 trigger

well maybe I started a topic for naught. I googled up the instructions again and redid my trigger. Not sure why but I have it really nice right now and basically no travel. Looking at the screws from where I started it looks like the travel screw is out even more. anyway it may have been the seer engagement that made it work. Now I will go see if I can purchase a trigger pull scale make sure I don't have it to touchy. I am thinking around 2lbs is where I would like to be, well between 2 and 3

Rem 700 trigger

You could also go the way of the Timiny triger.
F.K.

Rem 700 trigger

May I suggest taking it to a Remington approved gunsmith. Might very well be the best few dollars you will ever spend. Got a Rem 700 LH in 270 Thumbs up

Don Fischer's picture
Rem 700 trigger

Remingtons are very easy to do. But I'm not gonna sit here and tell anyone how to do it, I'd also rather you went to a gunsmith. I read an article once about adjusting the rem trigger that started out something like "you should never attempt to adjust your own trigger, got to a gunsmith". Then the gi=uy gave a very good report on doing it. Duh!

Rem 700 trigger
Don Fischer wrote:
Remingtons are very easy to do. But I'm not gonna sit here and tell anyone how to do it, I'd also rather you went to a gunsmith. I read an article once about adjusting the rem trigger that started out something like "you should never attempt to adjust your own trigger, got to a gunsmith". Then the gi=uy gave a very good report on doing it. Duh!

Yep thats the guy I read. I just redid what I have done before, but this time the long creep is gone. Feels really nice. The biggest concern is always that it won't fire by itself. I have slammed the bolt many times now, I have dropped it down on the shoulder pad rough enough to feel very comfortable with it. I don't want to break my scope dropping my rifle but Its not so hair that it will go off by itself.

One thing I did do this time is play with the screws in different setting so I could understand exactly what each was doing, rather then setting them just by turn this this much and back it off a 1/4. I tried the bolt and trigger movement with each step. I'm really liking this rifle more now and am really looking forward to getting to the range real soon.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Trigger'sDon Fischer302/17/2010 22:26 pm
Remington X Mark Trigger Adjustmenthawkeye270109/30/2010 16:43 pm
Ruger Mk II trigger questionlv2hunt112/10/2003 04:45 am
Replacing Mossberg TriggerNight Raider206/03/2007 09:58 am
replacement triggeranimalsrdelicious603/07/2011 13:05 pm