Lest we forget; the promise of the Obama in his own words.
(Taken from his Denver speech - how many will he fulfill?)
1. The market should reward drive and innovation and generate growth, but that businesses should live up to their responsibilities to create American jobs, look out for American workers, and play by the rules of the road.
2. The government should protect us from harm and provide every child a decent education; keep our water clean and our toys safe; invest in new schools and new roads and new science and technology.
3. Our government should work for us, not against us. It should help us, not hurt us. It should ensure opportunity not just for those with the most money and influence, but for every American who's willing to work.
4. Change means a tax code that doesn't reward the lobbyists who wrote it, but the American workers and small businesses who deserve it.
5. I will stop giving tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas, and I will start giving them to companies that create good jobs right here in America.
6. I will eliminate capital-gains taxes for the small businesses and the startups that will create the high-wage, high-tech jobs of tomorrow.
7. I will cut taxes — cut taxes — for 95 percent of all working families. Because in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class.
8. I will set a clear goal as president: In 10 years, we will finally end our dependence on oil from the Middle East.
9. As president, I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power.
10. I'll help our auto companies retool, so that the fuel-efficient cars of the future are built right here in America.
11. I'll make it easier for the American people to afford these new cars.
12. I'll invest 150 billion dollars over the next decade in affordable, renewable sources of energy — wind power and solar power and the next generation of biofuels; an investment that will lead to new industries and 5 million new jobs that pay well and can't ever be outsourced.
13. I'll invest in early-childhood education.
14. I'll recruit an army of new teachers, and pay them higher salaries and give them more support. And in exchange, I'll ask for higher standards and more accountability.
15. And we will keep our promise to every young American — if you commit to serving your community or your country, we will make sure you can afford a college education.
16. Now is the time to finally keep the promise of affordable, accessible health care for every single American. If you have health care, my plan will lower your premiums. If you don't, you'll be able to get the same kind of coverage that members of Congress give themselves. And as someone who watched my mother argue with insurance companies while she lay in bed dying of cancer, I will make certain those companies stop discriminating against those who are sick and need care the most.
17. Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I've laid out how I'll pay for every dime — by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens that don't help America grow. But I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work and making the ones we do need work better and cost less — because we cannot meet 21st century challenges with a 20th century bureaucracy.
18. I will end this war in Iraq responsibly, and finish the fight against al-Qaida and the Taliban in Afghanistan.
19. I will rebuild our military to meet future conflicts.
20. I will also renew the tough, direct diplomacy that can prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons and curb Russian aggression.
21. I will build new partnerships to defeat the threats of the 21st century: terrorism and nuclear proliferation; poverty and genocide; climate change and disease.
22. I will restore our moral standing, so that America is once again that last, best hope for all who are called to the cause of freedom, who long for lives of peace, and who yearn for a better future.