18 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined: 04/01/2009
Posts: 435
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame

How refreshing to hear someone man up and take responsiblity for the bad things they said in the past.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/how-i-and-other-pro-life_b...

Location: Butte, MT
Joined: 01/02/2006
Posts: 234
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame

I'm not familiar with this guy or the propaganda he was involved in, but I don't see why he feels the need to take a degree of responsibility for Tiller's assassination unless he specifically advocated for it. He was intensely opposed to what Dr. Tiller did and he spoke out against it vehemently. It doesn't seem much more complicated than that. The fact that he has now changed his mind is of rather small consequence IMO. If he feels guilty, that's human, but I still think it's misplaced.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame

Sage of the Sage, consider the source.
Need I say more?

Offline
Joined: 04/01/2009
Posts: 435
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame
Quote:
I don't see why he feels the need to take a degree of responsibility

Well legaly he doesn't. We value our first amendment rights not because we like to shout at people whenever we want but because sometimes the things no one wants to hear are very important to know. The law is unambiguous.

What Mr Schaeffer is sorry about is the demonizing of abortion and it's doctors to such a degree that people would actually consider them to be comparable to Hitler etc. Also to advocate law breaking though not in itself lawless it can be a catylist for those of week mind or easily influenced.

And of course he's right, and responsible adults know this, that's why you now hear many people saying things like "oh my gosh violence is never justified" and in the next sentence calling Tiller a murderer and so on. People have a hard time stopping from repeating all the rhetoric they've been repeating for so long. Some of the organisations that had special kill Doctor Tiller pages of their web sites have scrubbed them.

This constant mistatement of hyperbole and hate and fear is a constant background noise of common discourse in our country today. I listen to Rush Limbaugh for at least a little while every day. I hear factual mistatements every time I listen, some harmless some potentially could be more serious.

Mr. Schaeffer simply is sorry that some of the things he and his father said probably caused people to die. If only Rush or O'Riely had his honesty and humility.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame

Sage, as I said on another thread, I'll believe the left is sincere about blaming the pro-life movement for Tiller's murder when it blames the anti-war movement for Private Long's murder in Arkansas. Until then, it's just crocodile tears and political opportunism.

Location: Butte, MT
Joined: 01/02/2006
Posts: 234
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame
expatriate wrote:
Sage, as I said on another thread, I'll believe the left is sincere about blaming the pro-life movement for Tiller's murder when it blames the anti-war movement for Private Long's murder in Arkansas. Until then, it's just crocodile tears and political opportunism.

I see your point, but I don't think the Anti-war movement contributed to Private Long's murder any more than the Pro-Life movement did to Dr. Tiller's. These 2 guys are victims of 2 very different extremists that pulled the trigger entirely on their own.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame
Sage of the Sage wrote:
I see your point, but I don't think the Anti-war movement contributed to Private Long's murder any more than the Pro-Life movement did to Dr. Tiller's. These 2 guys are victims of 2 very different extremists that pulled the trigger entirely on their own.

I agree, however the left was quick to accuse the right of instigating Tiller's murder, so in return, the argument is that Private Long's must have been instigated as well by the anti-war lefties.

In the end, the person that pulled the trigger is responsible for their own actions. If we start blaming people on TV, radio, print, etc., - where will it end?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1789
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame
cowgal wrote:
Sage of the Sage wrote:
I see your point, but I don't think the Anti-war movement contributed to Private Long's murder any more than the Pro-Life movement did to Dr. Tiller's. These 2 guys are victims of 2 very different extremists that pulled the trigger entirely on their own.

I agree, however the left was quick to accuse the right of instigating Tiller's murder, so in return, the argument is that Private Long's must have been instigated as well by the anti-war lefties.

In the end, the person that pulled the trigger is responsible for their own actions. If we start blaming people on TV, radio, print, etc., - where will it end?

When you say the 'left' accused the 'right' please post a link to anything you can find to substantiate that. I think you make stuff up a lot or repeat made up stuff by orielly or sean mannity. I haven't read or heard of anyone accusing anyone else of doing anything. I've just heard news reports on the killing itself.

Edited by Moderator. Keep your posts clean SoCo, this is a family web site.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame
SoCoKHntr wrote:
When you say the 'left' accused the 'right' please post a link to anything you can find to substantiate that. I think you make stuff up a lot or repeat made up stuff by orielly or sean mannity. I haven't read or heard of anyone accusing anyone else of doing anything. I've just heard news reports on the killing itself.

Do you live in a cave SoCo? Even the New York Times acknowledges that the libs & lefties have gone nuts with accusations.

How is this for starters?
http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/bill-oreilly-has-dr-george-tille...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/us/02blame.html?_r=3&ref=global-home

And how about the tons of radical lefty blogs & forums? Would you like a list?

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame

You don't even have to leave this forum, SoCo. Just look at what pogo's posting. He's been blaming the right since the subject first came up.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Pro Life Republican Leader admits shared blame
expatriate wrote:
You don't even have to leave this forum, SoCo. Just look at what pogo's posting. He's been blaming the right since the subject first came up.

Not to mention his new side kick simpleton who agrees with him on just about everything.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like