57 replies [Last post]
SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1787
Presidential poll
Whelland wrote:
Now what party do you want to be associated with?

Easily the Democrats. If you have lived the past seven and a half years with your eyes truly open you'd say the same thing. There are elements of truth in what you say such as Lincoln was a repub, but as far as getting into the true merits of politics and racism you can't use examples from nearly two hundred years ago.

Are you better off now then you were eight years ago? Be honest in terms of your financial status. Or are you struggling to make ends meet? If you are struggling how can you blame that on democrats? I am sure you will find a way to do it but honestly can you really?

Who here in America isn't struggling with gas prices, mortgages, health care? Do you have any vets in your family who have lost their lives or limbs or suffer from PTSD? But Obama is a racist that's your one and only concern and it's not even true. I don't know why I even try it's pretty futile.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1787
Presidential poll

Man, are there any other hunters on this website who are Democrats??? Or am I outnumbered 10,000 to 1?

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Presidential poll

I don't know about this website, but we learned recently that Hillary is a hunter Laugh

Offline
Location: Eatonville, Wa
Joined: 08/26/2007
Posts: 610
Presidential poll

To your question about being better off than 8 years ago, to that I would say yes I am. I make a decent wage and am able to provide for my family. But that is because I made good decisions. I bought a house that I could afford to make payments on and I didnt go with an adjustable rate mortgage because I knew there would be a risk involved with that, yes initially it would be cheaper but it wasnt a sound decision. I worked for everything I have and it sickens me to think about the fact that Obama is willing to hand out money to every person who either wasnt concerned about bettering themselves or was greedy or just doesnt have the motivation to do anything about their lives. I would consider myself conservative but I do have some liberal views about a few things. But, if you didnt like bush then how will you live with obama he is going to spend far more than bush would ever spend.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1787
Presidential poll
csumerall wrote:
To your question about being better off than 8 years ago, to that I would say yes I am. I make a decent wage and am able to provide for my family. But that is because I made good decisions. I bought a house that I could afford to make payments on and I didnt go with an adjustable rate mortgage because I knew there would be a risk involved with that, yes initially it would be cheaper but it wasnt a sound decision. I worked for everything I have and it sickens me to think about the fact that Obama is willing to hand out money to every person who either wasnt concerned about bettering themselves or was greedy or just doesnt have the motivation to do anything about their lives. I would consider myself conservative but I do have some liberal views about a few things. But, if you didnt like bush then how will you live with obama he is going to spend far more than bush would ever spend.

I also make a decent wage and provide for my family due to a good job and good decisions, but I am not better off then I was eight years ago in terms of the cost of gas, food, and health care. Oh, I can afford them, but I'm paying a hell of a lot more! No one has given me anything either just to make that clear. Bush has spent more (should say wasted) then any other president in history. Our great grand children will be paying for his adventure. You are delusional to make a statement like you did about spending. Do you have a crystal ball for the future and a blinder for the past?

WesternHunter's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/05/2006
Posts: 2368
Presidential poll

I have to agree about Bush. I'm a right wing conservative republican, though I do tend to side along with Libertarianism. Having said that I think that this current cartoon character that we have in office is going to go down in history as being the biggest failure in presidental history. I'm embarrassed to even hear the man speak. Even his Patriot Act has taken away more rights and freedoms from Americans than any other piece of legislation. It's also infringed on more rights than anything the Liberals have enacted.

As far as your views on white republicans making rude racist comments about non-whites. I've heard my fair share. Let me just say that racism turns me off. I judge people for what they really are as i see it. Having said that I have seen racism be a two way street. Ever spend any time in Hawaii?? How about on an Indian reservation?? Ever spend any length of time around non-white minorities?? Let me just say I've heard some real derogatory racist comments come from them as well. It's really a two way street.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Presidential poll

Wow...a lot has happened since I was last on this thread. As expected, criticism of Obama quickly led to charges of racism and pigeonholing of the people asking the questions. SoCo, you're as predictable as the sunrise.

Always the same...you're racist if you question Obama, hate Bush because of the war...YAWN. OK, Democrats -- you control both houses. Time to get off the tired old broken record of rhetoric and emotion you've been spewing for all these years and actually solve some things.

Since the Dems got control of the legislature, what has happened? Gas prices have doubled, the housing market is in distress, and the economy is teetering. And yet they're still trying to make us think it's Bush's fault. Uh-uh. I'm not that stupid. The Dems are in charge of policy development, but all they're doing is wringing their hands and trying to cover up their incompetence with smoke and mirrors and the same old unimaginative Bush bashing.

And the war? We had 19 fatalities last month -- the lowest month since the war began. Four of those casualties were from non-hostile accidents. That number was 101 the month before the surge began, and has been dropping ever since. It's WORKING, bonehead. If the Democrats had their way, we would've been pulling back and a lot more of our troops would be dying over there. But the Democrats can't run a war any better than they can run an economy.

The sad thing is there's not a doubt in my mind that even if Obama wins and the Dems control all three branches of government, they'll still be blaming Bush for everything. It certainly isn't the first time people have created a scapegoat to blame everything on in order to divert attention from their own failures.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1787
Presidential poll
WesternHunter wrote:
I have to agree about Bush. I'm a right wing conservative republican, though I do tend to side along with Libertarianism. Having said that I think that this current cartoon character that we have in office is going to go down in history as being the biggest failure in presidental history. I'm embarrassed to even hear the man speak. Even his Patriot Act has taken away more rights and freedoms from Americans than any other piece of legislation. It's also infringed on more rights than anything the Liberals have enacted.

As far as your views on white republicans making rude racist comments about non-whites. I've heard my fair share. Let me just say that racism turns me off. I judge people for what they really are as i see it. Having said that I have seen racism be a two way street. Ever spend any time in Hawaii?? How about on an Indian reservation?? Ever spend any length of time around non-white minorities?? Let me just say I've heard some real derogatory racist comments come from them as well. It's really a two way street.

Western Hunter, I lived in Hawaii for three years. Stationed there in the military and I know what you are talking about. I remember well how the locals viewed "hoales" if I'm spelling that right. Thing is most minorities who hold those views come from the most depressing economic backgrounds. Doesn't justify it in anyway, but it comes from a background of despair mixed with ignorance. Kind of like the poor white guy who blames all of his problems on minorities.

Speaking of the reservation angle, I remember a good friend of mine from Helena or Bozeman MT a white guy I knew back in the Navy days who always said he absolutely hated Indians. He used the most severe and derogatory language to describe them. Another guy he know from MT came by the barracks one day and he was saying Mexicans were proof the Indians fornicated (didn't use that term) with Buffalo. Being that I am of both Latino and a small amount of Native American, and White blood lines, I wanted to put him in check but decided he wasn't worth it.

Another good friend (odd I know) from the Navy days hated blacks. He was from Alabama and I found this out because one day we were in the barracks and I heard him say "you notice they travel in packs,". I asked him what the hell are you talking about. He informed me it was some black guys. Now, he never had a problem with me even though I was Latino and at work he worked with black guys and you would never know he felt that way because he didn't show it. But, with me, I guess he trusted me enough that he was open about it. I asked him hypothetically what he would do if his sister married a black guy and he said at the very least she'd be disowned or possibly something worse. He also told me his views weren't even as bad as his dads were.

These were just two examples I remember hearing of the hatred some whites have of minorities and it just makes me want to point out the hypocrisy when I hear some that probably are like the examples I gave act overly hurt over the Rev. Wright or the term "Whitey".

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1787
Presidential poll
expatriate wrote:
Wow...a lot has happened since I was last on this thread. As expected, criticism of Obama quickly led to charges of racism and pigeonholing of the people asking the questions. SoCo, you're as predictable as the sunrise.[quote

"Bout as predictable as you I guess. "

[quoteAlways the same...you're racist if you question Obama, hate Bush because of the war...YAWN. OK, Democrats -- you control both houses. Time to get off the tired old broken record of rhetoric and emotion you've been spewing for all these years and actually solve some things.[quote

"Racist if you question Obama??? There are guys here on this thread who brought racism up by saying Obama is racist!!! "

"Control of both houses very recently and still lacking enough votes to change Bush or republican policy. Time to get off your Tough guy Rush act and actually look at things realistically. "

[quoteSince the Dems got control of the legislature, what has happened? Gas prices have doubled, the housing market is in distress, and the economy is teetering. And yet they're still trying to make us think it's Bush's fault. Uh-uh. I'm not that stupid. The Dems are in charge of policy development, but all they're doing is wringing their hands and trying to cover up their incompetence with smoke and mirrors and the same old unimaginative Bush bashing.[quote

"Again, they don't control it quite yet. Gas prices, what about Cheney's secret energy meeting a few years ago. The guys reaping in the profits from the gas prices are they Dems or Repubs? Yes right my friend the guys taking in record profits while me and you pay 4.00 at the pump are repubs and friends of Bush and Cheney's. "

[quoteAnd the war? We had 19 fatalities last month -- the lowest month since the war began. Four of those casualties were from non-hostile accidents. That number was 101 the month before the surge began, and has been dropping ever since. It's WORKING, bonehead. If the Democrats had their way, we would've been pulling back and a lot more of our troops would be dying over there. But the Democrats can't run a war any better than they can run an economy.[quote

"And how many will we have next month? Are they acceptable to you? Would you be willing to forego your hunting season this year and offer your life in Iraq? "

[quoteThe sad thing is there's not a doubt in my mind that even if Obama wins and the Dems control all three branches of government, they'll still be blaming Bush for everything. It certainly isn't the first time people have created a scapegoat to blame everything on in order to divert attention from their own failures.

Oh, you can't blame the guy in charge? It's everybody else's fault, right .............

Offline
Location: Eatonville, Wa
Joined: 08/26/2007
Posts: 610
Presidential poll
SoCoKHntr wrote:
Oh, you can't blame the guy in charge? It's everybody else's fault, right .............

So by using your logic, We can disect your string of blame towards president Bush, Gas-blame president Clinton, he is the one who refused to open up ANWAR(also today the democrats voted against any off shore drilling 50-100 miles off the coast of the US-that should help gas prices come down, Obama and his windfall tax who do you think will be ultimately paying for that I can assure you it wont be big oil. Medical costs-you can blame guys like John Edwards and his ambulance chasing. Medical costs are high due to the fact that so many dont make it a priority to have it. We all make decisions in life and thats one of them I know because I used to have to pay for my entire familys health insurance. Also food costs are high due to the fuel costs and then you have the land being used to farm things like ethenol or soy that are so heavily subsidised. Also I would like to know how my statement about spending is dillusional. Obama is going to spend a lot of money , college funding for every family, unversal health care. These things cost money. Yes Bush has spent a lot but, alot of that is coming back stateside. US securtiy contractors make money and come home to spend it. Weapons and vehicles are built in the US and the moneys here. Not to mention the service men and women who would be getting paid whether they were here or there. Yes they are getting paid more but I personally think that they are worth it.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like