41 replies [Last post]
CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!
Thibodeau wrote:
I've seen pictures of Rhinos with their tusks cut off and left there to rot. Those animals are really heavy, They could probably feed a lot of people.

Uh ok, I've never seen a rhino with tusks, but if you say so. Evil!

Offline
Location: Grandfalls NewBrunswick
Joined: 09/29/2006
Posts: 33
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!

Evil! neener! They have horns not tusks, for some reason I was thinking of your wife CVC. Evil! I love it when you quote me it's like I have a RETARTED literary echo. Being from Kansas isn't there a tornado you could catch a ride on somewhere? Evil! neener!

Offline
Moderator
Location: Florida,USA
Joined: 08/21/2003
Posts: 1566
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!

Now, Now, Gentlemen, Gentlemen.......Lets do away with the name calling and personal attacks.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!
JTapia wrote:
Now, Now, Gentlemen, Gentlemen.......Lets do away with the name calling and personal attacks.

Don't worry I won't stoop to that level. When one resorts to name calling and personal attacks it just demonstrates their ignorance and immaturity. I accept different opinions and see it as a way of growing. Others, lacking self-confidence, feel stung when someone makes a counter point and have to lash out and try to hurt the person.

It's hard to get upset by personal attacks when they can't even spell their insults correctly.

Offline
Moderator
Joined: 12/03/2005
Posts: 1691
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!

Someday they may be best friends.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!

I just worry that if this "catch and release" thing catches on, we'll have fidgety, skinny drug-addled deer running up to shooters just to get shot again.

"Wild Kingdom" never showed junkie lions crawling back to Marlin Perkins: "Come on, man...I'm right here! I need my fix! Give it to me! Please...I can be reeeaal nice to you, baby..."

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!
expatriate wrote:
I just worry that if this "catch and release" thing catches on, we'll have fidgety, skinny drug-addled deer running up to shooters just to get shot again.

"Wild Kingdom" never showed junkie lions crawling back to Marlin Perkins: "Come on, man...I'm right here! I need my fix! Give it to me! Please...I can be reeeaal nice to you, baby..."

Boy that brings back memories from my youth. I used to love watching that show. Marlin always had it made and poor Jim (think that is his name) always ended up on the short end of the stick.

Hokey by todays standards, but one of the best shows at the time.

Offline
Moderator
Location: Kentucky/ Colorado
Joined: 06/23/2005
Posts: 1740
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!
Quote:
I just worry that if this "catch and release" thing catches on, we'll have fidgety, skinny drug-addled deer running up to shooters just to get shot again.

"Wild Kingdom" never showed junkie lions crawling back to Marlin Perkins: "Come on, man...I'm right here! I need my fix! Give it to me! Please...I can be reeeaal nice to you, baby..."

lol LOL! You may be on to something. Druggy deer and elk.

Offline
Location: Grandfalls NewBrunswick
Joined: 09/29/2006
Posts: 33
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!
CVC wrote:
JTapia wrote:
Now, Now, Gentlemen, Gentlemen.......Lets do away with the name calling and personal attacks.

Don't worry I won't stoop to that level. When one resorts to name calling and personal attacks it just demonstrates their ignorance and immaturity. I accept different opinions and see it as a way of growing. Others, lacking self-confidence, feel stung when someone makes a counter point and have to lash out and try to hurt the person.

It's hard to get upset by personal attacks when they can't even spell their insults correctly.

Liar bs Your so full of it I smell you all the way from Canada. you said it yourself that hunters disrespect animals by hunting them. If you feel guilty about hunting then stay out of the woods. and as far as what you just stated you've done the opposite and everyone knows it!

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Petition against the WHA is now online. Please sign!

Let's get back "on topic" to discuss the petition against the WHA.

If you need to discuss your differences, do it via PM or start a new thread.

About the WHA, I'm sure most are aware that they've changed the rules of their "contest". Some animals are outright "hunted", if that's what you want to call it, while others can only be photographed. I have not watched the show and do not know how its going.

Bottom line is that the WHA is a money-making business, that's the only reason they're doing it. I would not call what they're doing "hunting". Its a competition - a game, and they're using live animals to do it. I personally feel that this game should not be associated with hunting.

I do like that they switched to photographing vs. tranquilizing the animals. However its still a competition for money, that combines photos with actual harvesting of certain animals.

It should be called a GAME not HUNTING!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like