38 replies [Last post]
cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama

So tell me SoCo, its ok for the Dems to run their misleading ads?? And don't tell me to post links to verify! There are plenty, and you know it. How about the ads about Palin hunting & the wolves in Alaska. Geez, the ad makes it sound like she's doing something illegal. Who are those ads playing to?

The NRA ads hit Obama hard, and they should. There are too many people willing to ignore the facts that are staring them in the face. I'm not crazy about any of the political ads right now, but maybe some will make people think and do some research on their own.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1801
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama
cowgal wrote:
So tell me SoCo, its ok for the Dems to run their misleading ads?? And don't tell me to post links to verify! There are plenty, and you know it. How about the ads about Palin hunting & the wolves in Alaska. Geez, the ad makes it sound like she's doing something illegal. Who are those ads playing to?

The NRA ads hit Obama hard, and they should. There are too many people willing to ignore the facts that are staring them in the face. I'm not crazy about any of the political ads right now, but maybe some will make people think and do some research on their own.

I will say in all honesty, I haven't seen the wolf adds on TV. I have seen a picture of that either online or in a magazine, but don't know the details at all. To be honest I'm curious, does she hunt wolves from a helo? If she does in fact hunt wolves from a helo then yes, those ads are appealing to anti hunting or anti that type of hunting folks. That may not be liked by you but is it untrue? If she partakes in that activity.

I've stated my position countless times in regard to Obama and taking our guns away and won't rehash my view since you no doubt are familiar with it. And in regard to your accusation that there are many deceptive ads, but you then don't want to post links because, I know there out there, seems like a bait and dodge to me.

If you feel there is a deceptive ad post it so we can debate the merits of your assertion.

I myself could care less if Palin shoots wolves from a helo and that point is miles away from why I would never in this lifetime (or any other) vote for her.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama

And what does this type of crap have to do with the election?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_el_pr/anti_palin_wolf_ad

Here's a link to the ad on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

And for the record, using planes is a legal method to control wolves in Alaska. I'm sure Expat can tell us more about that. Palin has not participated in these hunts, but has suppported the state-sponsored hunts to manage the wolves. There is nothing immoral or wrong with the wolf control methods. These ads are very misleading. But hey, it must be ok to distort the facts if it enhances the Dems position, but somehow its not ok for the NRA to present the actual facts?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1801
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama
cowgal wrote:
And what does this type of crap have to do with the election?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_el_pr/anti_palin_wolf_ad

Here's a link to the ad on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

And for the record, using planes is a legal method to control wolves in Alaska. I'm sure Expat can tell us more about that. Palin has not participated in these hunts, but has suppported the state-sponsored hunts to manage the wolves. There is nothing immoral or wrong with the wolf control methods. These ads are very misleading. But hey, it must be ok to distort the facts if it enhances the Dems position, but somehow its not ok for the NRA to present the actual facts?

There is nothing wrong or immoral with the wolf control methods? While I don't know where I fall regarding that assertion, I will say this. Isn't that your opinion? Couldn't that be considered immoral by another person? She supported this action and people with an opposing viewpoint are using her support of it in ads against her.

Whether you agree with her stance or not isn't it fair game. The only way I think it wouldn't be is if she didn't support that action and the people who made the ad made up and lied about her position on it.

You asked what does this crap have to do with the election? Well, don't we as free Americans use a persons positions on policy to make our minds up? However trivial or silly you feel what is important to another person they have the right to hold that importance to an issue.

You say Obama's lying because his camp complained about the NRA's ad which amounts to he'll steal your guns. I've said this before and I will say it again, it looks like he's got a very good chance of winning. If he does I will be glad to share with you during every year of his Presidency the guns I have lost due to him or the gains I have gained due to buying more.

CVC
CVC's picture
Offline
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Location: Kansas
Joined: 03/04/2006
Posts: 3586
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama
cowgal wrote:
And what does this type of crap have to do with the election?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_el_pr/anti_palin_wolf_ad

Here's a link to the ad on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

And for the record, using planes is a legal method to control wolves in Alaska. I'm sure Expat can tell us more about that. Palin has not participated in these hunts, but has suppported the state-sponsored hunts to manage the wolves. There is nothing immoral or wrong with the wolf control methods. These ads are very misleading. But hey, it must be ok to distort the facts if it enhances the Dems position, but somehow its not ok for the NRA to present the actual facts?

Cowgal, thanks for sharing the actual video. You are absolutely right that it is a false advertisement. It states that Palin supports HUNTING from an aircraft. No she doesn't. It is illegal to hunt for 24 hours after flying in an aircraft in AK.

What is portrayed as hunting is predator control which is not hunting. It would be no different than stating that so and so has resorted to illegal baiting while hunting, when in fact all the person did was put cheese in a mouse trap.

The animal health commission recently used helicopters to kill feral swine to prevent the spread of disease to domestic herds. No one here blinked an eye other to say, damn wish I could have had that job.

Offline
Location: Eatonville, Wa
Joined: 08/26/2007
Posts: 610
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama
SoCoKHntr wrote:
You say Obama's lying because his camp complained about the NRA's ad which amounts to he'll steal your guns. I've said this before and I will say it again, it looks like he's got a very good chance of winning. If he does I will be glad to share with you during every year of his Presidency the guns I have lost due to him or the gains I have gained due to buying more.

You said yourself the ad had a hunter saying obama wanted to take his bullets. This is correct obama has supported legislation to limit the manufacture of ammunition. You like to over sensationalize the obama anti gun claims to steal your guns. Im sure if given the opportunity he would. Obviously he is anti sportsmen enough the HSUS is endorsing him.

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama

The wolf ballot measure was a big deal up here. Without a doubt, the advertisements pushing the initiative where overwhelmingly misleading. They kept pushing the idea that it wasn't fair to hunt this way. But it's not hunting -- it's predator control. This isn't something hunters do, but its an avenue the state uses to control wolf populations. There are huge areas to cover up here, and if you're going to cover it you're going to have to go by air. Shooting wolves by airplane isn't economical by any means, and it's not like you can go down and recover the hide.

Something like 90 percent of the money behind the wolf initiative was coming from the D.C. area.

The initiative got shot down by voters in a big way.

We saw a lot of liberal sleight of hand this year. One measure was sold as common sense pollution control to protect fish, but was actually a trojan horse to shut down mining. Where it got comical was when they sent out a flyer with a picture of Reagan on it and extolling "Trust but verify." The Democrats also sent out a lot of misleading stuff against Republican opponents of Ted Stevens and Don Young, because they figured if they took them out it'd be easier to defeat Stevens and Young.

Alaska politics has been full of a lot of out of state money coming in to unseat incumbents. Palin's appearance on the national scene has really cranked it up into high gear, too.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1801
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama
csumerall wrote:
SoCoKHntr wrote:
You say Obama's lying because his camp complained about the NRA's ad which amounts to he'll steal your guns. I've said this before and I will say it again, it looks like he's got a very good chance of winning. If he does I will be glad to share with you during every year of his Presidency the guns I have lost due to him or the gains I have gained due to buying more.

You said yourself the ad had a hunter saying obama wanted to take his bullets. This is correct obama has supported legislation to limit the manufacture of ammunition. You like to over sensationalize the obama anti gun claims to steal your guns. Im sure if given the opportunity he would. Obviously he is anti sportsmen enough the HSUS is endorsing him.

The ammo in question aren't "DEER" hunting bullets. It has to do with ammo generally developed for human targets and overcoming protections such as bullet proof vests

expatriate's picture
Offline
Location: Arizona
Joined: 10/26/2002
Posts: 3207
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama

Wow -- you are one gullible individual. I've worn Level IV body armor with inch-thick ceramic plates in front and back -- and that's only designed to protect against a 7.62 round. Most centerfire rifle rounds in common use will penetrate body armor commonly used by police -- which is generally designed to protect against handgun rounds.

How long are you going to stay blind? Until someone defines your bolt action rifle as a long-range sniper weapon capable of piercing police body armor?

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1801
Outdoor Life Interview with Obama
expatriate wrote:
Wow -- you are one gullible individual. I've worn Level IV body armor with inch-thick ceramic plates in front and back -- and that's only designed to protect against a 7.62 round. Most centerfire rifle rounds in common use will penetrate body armor commonly used by police -- which is generally designed to protect against handgun rounds.

How long are you going to stay blind? Until someone defines your bolt action rifle as a long-range sniper weapon capable of piercing police body armor?

Hey pal, show me one link or source where Obama has proposed legislation to ban deer hunting bullets? Just one where our standard hunting bullets be they Winchesters, Remingtons, Hornady's, or any other hunting bullet is being threatened!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Trivial, but very telling about ObamaCVC1412/08/2008 20:30 pm
President's First Interviewexpatriate1601/28/2009 04:58 am
An Interview With Ralph the DeerLynn011/21/2006 16:50 pm
More Obama liesbuffybr205/10/2008 02:52 am
Outdoor Life Reviewsgr8fuldoug004/21/2007 08:16 am