6 replies [Last post]
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Oregon 2011 big game regulations

Oregon's 2011 big game regulations are available online via ODFW website. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if the they have hard copies.... For out of staters like myself

CVC
CVC's picture
Online regs are nice, but a

Online regs are nice, but a hard copy does make it easier sometimes.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Boy, what do you know, a

Boy, what do you know, a state actually getting the regs out BEFORE it turns to that year. lol

You're lucky if you get California's regs out before the new season rolls around.  Then again, I don't know if other states do this, but our licenses run from July 1st to June 30th.  Kinda weird how they do that, but I guess they have their reasons.

numbnutz's picture
The hard copies are avalible

The hard copies are avalible at retail stores(free), they're usally out the first week of DEC.

hawkeye270's picture
Is it bad that now that all

Is it bad that now that all my hunts are over for the year, that I can not wait for the new regulations to come out. I am already planning my hunts for next year and it involves me drawing my sheep tag... yeah right. I agree having the regulations online can be really nice when you just need to look something up quick or while you are doing electronic research into new areas but I always have a paper copy of the regulations in my truck for all different species that I hunt. You don't have computers out there while you are hunting so it is nice to have a paper copy to grab when you have a question. Although it seems more and more of you guys have phones that you can just bring up the internet and check them right from your phone. That is just crazy where technology has gone. I can not imagine what we are going to be able to do in 40 years.

CVC
CVC's picture
Do you do any coyote

Do you do any coyote hunting? 

When you apply for a sheep, do you have to pay for the tag upfront?  What is the cost?

numbnutz's picture
I was thumbing through the

I was thumbing through the 2011 regs last night, I like some of the changes they made for next year. for example if you apply and draw a controlled rifle tag you can also use archery equipment on your hunt, I'm sure that will make more than a few people angery because archery hunters still get there long seasons. one I dont like is they changed the late season elk bow hunts to a draw tag. I just wish they would allow mechanical broadheads and get with the times on that. they also added a few more hunts and reduced some of the tag number(for last year). they dont determine the current years tag numbers till june.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like