300 SAVAGE -- 150 or 165 Gr. Barnes XXX bullets.
Plenty for all but the largest. Reason, I am a hunter and not just a shooter.
All my deer, bear, and elk have been taken at 100 yards or less.
All these magnum fans do is make noise and miss more than they will hit at the 300-400 yard shot range they are so fond of talking about. Not one of a thousand of these big boomers will ever be fired at anything but a white tail.
They are a solution to a problem that never existed.
Many are being conned into something they dont need!!!!!
I gave in i said i wouldnt let this get to me but it did. here we go
1. i'm a hunter not just a shooter also
2. my average shot on a white tail is 281.6yrds i hunt open corn and soybean fields
3. my furthest shot was 416.2 yrs with a range finder not a guess or walked off.
4.you've had great LUCK with your savage good for you but dont put down someone elses choice because you dont agree with it.
5. as for getting conned into something they dont need thats just hogwash, its all about choices and envy is no reason to put down someone else just because their 30cal will put your 30cal to shame.
6. as for not one of a thousand will be shot at anything bigger then white tail is such a gross understatment, come to our rifle club and talk to a thousand members there and i will gaurrenty you that 600 of them have gone or are going on a trip for elk, bear, moose, and the such.
7. and i keep hearing that they are a solution to a problem that never existed, well thats hogwash also, they are for people who want that extra power and we all know its all about choices. if we went with the thinking of close mined shooters we would all be using a 30/06.
8. the big bommers were made for people who like fast and flat. just like some people like the slow and heavy its all CHOICES.
9. i know guys that hunt deer with a 223rem and i know guys that swear buy there 45/70 are they wrong or is that ok because they are not mag, in your eyes?