25 replies [Last post]
Yessah

Driving from NH. Looking to go to WY for mulies but I could be swayed to hunt elk real easy.

im in rapid city SD...i drive

im in rapid city SD...i drive when i do colorado/ wyoming

deadline for colorado is coming as is wyoming...

ANY ideas?

jim boyd's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
i lean toward an elk archery

i lean toward an elk archery hunt in late september but i do not really know what the %$#$ i am doing... colorado appeals to me the most...

come on guys... float some ideas!!

onzaman's picture
Good luck

I have been watching your planning on this hunt and hope you get it all figured out and you have a great hunt.

I am planning on returning to Colorado for a self guided Elk Muzzle Loader 1st choice and Archery 2nd choice on stateland. Just remeber the Application Deadline is April 5th and coming fast. Me and one other guy is all we have that are scheduled for this years hunt, it's hard to set up such big plans with so many other guys, last time 6 of us went and after arriving at camp the one buddy who road with me said we are leaving Saturday and the hunt ended on Sunday I couldn't believe he hadn't said a word about this before, so my advice is make sure you get everyones plans in full and by the way I had to spend the day packing him out so he could ride home with the others, but I did get to hunt the last day.     I have only been there one time and can't wait to return so I say go to Colorado.

Topgun 30-06's picture
That's a bunch of BS!  He

That's a bunch of BS!  He should have packed himself out and used his thumb to get home if he wanted to leave early!  That kind of a "friend" I don't need if he didn't say anything until you got out there on the hunt!!!

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
I have to agree that with a

I have to agree that with a buddy like that can cause problems.  I have had a couple of hunting partners that told me that they were going to have to leave early and the solution is for them to drive themselves at least as close to the nearest town if their vehicle can't make it to where we are going to hunt.  I don't mind playing taxi for a ways to get them off of the mountain. 

im cool with an archery

im cool with an archery hunt....just need to figure out a place...let me contact my hunting buddy there and see what he thinks for archery units. it is around buena vista colorado...gorgeous country.

jim boyd's picture
FlyGuy, OK great... I may

FlyGuy,

OK great... I may have a plan in place now for SW Colorado but it is not even close to set in stone... I am still wide open.

Thanks,

Jim

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
If you do SW part of the

If you do SW part of the state Jim, I still may be in.  However, I still don't know about the full on guide service.  Don't know about spending that kind of $$$$$.

jim boyd's picture
i have gotten hooked up with

i have gotten hooked up with a guy that hs hunted there before....he has a partner and right now it is us three...

would you drive?

we are gonna fly - they are in virginia...

plans are not set in stone yet - we

are early in the planning stages but it is late september archery...

interested??

Related Forum Threads You Might Like