50 replies [Last post]
jim boyd's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
CVC, Oh contraire, my

CVC,

Oh contraire, my penmanship inclined friend!

If I had the time, the stories, tips and posting ideas for this month, I would attempt in a moment to catch you and Hawkeye.

Alas, I do not... time is primarily the issue, along with PC access and that is quite ok - your point about having a first place already is well taken...

I would not trade my hunting time for PC time - at all - but I would try to win that Kimber if I could.

That is the "GrandDaddy" of all prizes, for sure... I would dearly love to see it in my hands in the deer stand next year... but that does not seem feasible or attainable at this point so I will settle for watching the race for the rifle unfold as the month goes along.

Like I stated earlier, it looks like two distinct races have developed and at least I am "in" the second one... so all is good!

Again, many thanks to Nadja and the crew at BGH for the opportunity!

CVC
CVC's picture
Hey, no reason to go "French"

Hey, no reason to go "French" on me - lol

I have not doubt based on past performance that you would indeed be in the hunt for the Kimber.  I said this before, but it is worth repeating that this contest has given me an opportunity to get to know some members like you. 

BTW, my wife just gave me heck for being on BHG again.  A man has to do what a man has to do.  I need to do some posting before I leave to hunt this afternoon.  The weather is terrible right now which means it might be good hunting later today when it breaks a bit.  We'll see.

I am enjoying watching the "second" race you describe.

jim boyd's picture
My wife is certainly on me...

My wife is certainly on me... I have "snuck" in the house right now and am upstairs hiding on the PC like a teen ager!

Best of luck hunting this afternoon - maybe you will get the big one.

I am home for the weekend, have to work Monday through Wednesday and then back to Illinois... maybe this coming week will be better than the past one for me.

CVC
CVC's picture
No luck this afternoon.  For

No luck this afternoon.  For the first time this season, I was actually cold a bit which is a good sign.  Been too warm for hunting.

I laughed when I read about you sneaking in the house.  I know how it is and certainly can relate.

CVC
CVC's picture
Man, I didn't realize that

Man, I didn't realize that this contest would take so much time.  Frankly, I didn't pay much attention to it before when I wasn't participating.  I don't see how you guys have sustained this level of posting throughout the contest.  You all must be made of steel.

Critter's picture
As you have found out to win

As you have found out to win this contest you need to chain yourself to the computer and stay there.  Forget about your wife, kids and the things that you enjoy and just post or write stories and hunting tips.  You actually have it easy since you have a blackberry that you can use in the field.  When I was in the running in August if I wanted to go out into the sticks for my archery hunt I couldn't do any posting or stay in contact with the contest since there is no cell coverage where I hunt. 

Now just look at the bright side.  You are now half way through November and the contest so it is all down hill now.  At least until your wife kicks you out of the house or you lose your computer connection.  Yes

CVC
CVC's picture
I am not sure if I will be

I am not sure if I will be able to keep the wife...every day she gives me heck about it.  Just doesn't understand teh need to post and post and post...

jim boyd's picture
Folks, Here is a link to a

Folks,

Here is a link to a post about the October prizes and also a photo album that displays some images of BGH prizes.

BGH - thank you SOOOO much...

Jim

http://www.biggamehunt.net/galleries/jim-boyd/bgh-prizes

http://www.biggamehunt.net/forum/model-94-375-winchester-silver-bald-eagle-edition

GooseHunter Jr's picture
A great scope.

A great scope.

PreviewAttachmentSize
100_2712.JPG
100_2712.JPG47.95 KB
jim boyd's picture
Congrats on the scope

Congrats on the scope GooseHunter JR - way to go!!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
December 2010 BGH Grand Slam Challenge Winners List!admin1001/15/2011 10:42 am
Grand Slambnow0707801/17/2005 13:10 pm
Grand Slam ContestStriker310/31/2012 12:35 pm
Winners Photos Please!admin3902/03/2011 07:57 am
November 2010 BGH Grand Slam Challenge Winners List!admin1501/15/2011 10:40 am