50 replies [Last post]
Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Weren't you posting from the

Weren't you posting from the stand in South Carolina last week?  Gotta have internet access in Illinois, should be no problem.  Plus, you still owe us that streaming video from the field.Yes

jim boyd's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Hey CA-V, Yes, I was posting

Hey CA-V,

Yes, I was posting from the stand... several times... and I think I do have service in Illinois but the phone is so hard to use...

I tried to figure out how to post a photo and can not get it worked out.

So... streaming video is likely out too.

I am taking the video camera and hope to do to "Live From the Tree" Updates from Illinois - I just do not want to be perceived as simply running up points on topics that no one really wants to hear about.

I thought that concept would catch on - but it did not.

Thoughts?

See ya,

Jim

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Let's see.  Illinois, deer

Let's see.  Illinois, deer hunting, 160 class bucks... Nah, none of us are interested in hearing about that..... Wink

ManOfTheFall's picture
Congrats to all the October

Congrats to all the October winners, and thank you BGH for all of the great prizes. I am looking forward to the November contest and hopefully I can be fortunate to win one more prize.

jim boyd's picture
Man it looks tough this month

Man it looks tough this month for sure!!

Hawkeye and cvc are really working hard - that Kimber is sitting out there waiting to be snatched up and they want it!

Cvc has more points already in Nov that I had for all of October - way to go cvc!

Hawkeye you 3e close but you gotta keep working to catch him

Best of luck to all!

hawkeye270's picture
First of all, congratulations

First of all, congratulations to the rest of you guys that picked something up in last month's competition. It was a good round but it looks like this month is going to be about as extreme as it gets. To be on day eight and at this point level is pretty scary. I knew it would be crazy but not quite like this. You can bet that I will be giving it my all but only time will tell if that is going to be enough. CVC, you are committed sir. That is about all I can say. You must be unemployed or something:lol:  Just kidding, I am sure that you just want that Kimber as badly as I do. Apparently a little more actually. Good luck to everyone this month. It will definitely be one to remember.

jim boyd's picture
You guys are rocking that is

You guys are rocking that is for sure

I am posting on the blackberry - two thumbs at the time - while trying to work in two Illinois hunts so I am handicapped for sure

I just hope I can place in the top seven or eight and get some type of prize!

Good luck guys - I can not keep up this month

Jim

CVC
CVC's picture
Hawkeye, you're a machine

Hawkeye, you're a machine when it comes to posting and stories.  I would never have the points I do if not for the high bar you have set.  I am enjoying the contest, but I am enjoying reading all the stories about the great hunts and tips too.

It is a pretty tough competition, but I have the utmost respect for the manner in which all the constestants conduct themselves.  Truly a wonderful reflection on everyone here.

jim boyd's picture
While I am enjoying the

While I am enjoying the contest between Hawkeye and CVC (and it is a two horse race) I will say that the stories and hunting tips that are submitted are first rate

I hqve enjoyed biggamehunt immensely - it let's us give voice to our passions and also let's us relive our past experiences with the stories we tell

I do love to tell a story but my dilemma is that I have more stories than I have pictures to go along with them - we just did not photograph that many things as the years went by - while we were building all of these momories!!!!

I guess in some instances we can mix and match stories and photos but I hate to put a photo with a story that was not THAT event

Let's give a round of applause to Nadja and crew for a great site!!!!

(Deafening applause.....)

ecubackpacker's picture
Hey, here's an idea. Why

Hey, here's an idea. Why don't the two of you take a two week break so everyone can get in the competition with you. That way we'll make it a shootout to the end of the month. LOL.
On second thought, I don't think I could catch up on two weeks. HaHaHaHa.
I agree this is great website to get/give information about hunting. The best I have found on the web. A lot of knowledge to viewed here.
Good luck to you.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
December 2010 BGH Grand Slam Challenge Winners List!admin1001/15/2011 10:42 am
Grand Slambnow0707801/17/2005 13:10 pm
Grand Slam ContestStriker310/31/2012 12:35 pm
Winners Photos Please!admin3902/03/2011 07:57 am
November 2010 BGH Grand Slam Challenge Winners List!admin1501/15/2011 10:40 am