38 replies [Last post]
SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1817
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
rogie wrote:
It is regulated..
Have you bought a gun lately?
R~

Yes, and I see the point you are trying to make, but still don't agree with it. A different set of criteria for a different set of weapons.

The bottom line is we see regulation of weapons designed for the military and war and wanted by sportmens in a different light.

Your argument is that Eric Holder and Obama and Democrats not only want this, but to then move onto regular hunting rifles, bows and arrows, spears, boxing gloves, and then our testicles (kidding on the last part).

I don't see it that way. My view is they want to regulate 'MILITARY' weapons that in the wrong hands can have drastic negative consequences. I happen to think that makes sense and where it begins and ends.

That's my view and I'm not changing yours nor you mine.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Ok, SoCo I'll play your analogy game.

Let's ban Hummers, yes Hummers. They were first used by the military and modified for civilian use. They are gas guzzling behemoths that shouldn't be allowed on our streets. I'm sure they've caused more death and destruction than "normal" sized vehicles and of course they're popular with drug thugs. Never mind that only a small percentage of law abiding citizens own Hummers, they must be outlawed. I bet they've even caused more deaths than semi-auto guns!! And how dare anyone have fun driving one! They must be banned!

Now tell me does that make sense?

Maybe the dems should go after your testicles Evil! - maybe you'd finally wake up! At least the Repubs would allow you keep them.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1817
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
cowgal wrote:
Ok, SoCo I'll play your analogy game.

Let's ban Hummers, yes Hummers. They were first used by the military and modified for civilian use. They are gas guzzling behemoths that shouldn't be allowed on our streets. I'm sure they've caused more death and destruction than "normal" sized vehicles and of course they're popular with drug thugs. Never mind that only a small percentage of law abiding citizens own Hummers, they must be outlawed. I bet they've even caused more deaths than semi-auto guns!! And how dare anyone have fun driving one! They must be banned!

Now tell me does that make sense?

Maybe the dems should go after your testicles Evil! - maybe you'd finally wake up! At least the Repubs would allow you keep them.

C'mon now bad example. Other then being gas guzzlers you're probably far safer in a Hummer and I haven't heard of anybody going on rampages running people over with their Hummers in mass killings.

Keep em, repubs? Hell no, there the ones afraid of minorities and gays seems like they've misplaced theirs.

Offline
Location: north Idaho, USA
Joined: 08/13/2007
Posts: 131
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

SoCoke, Dude
Its really not about hunting.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now, in this world, more then ever this needs to stand.

R~

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1817
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
rogie wrote:
SoCoke, Dude
Its really not about hunting.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now, in this world, more then ever this needs to stand.

R~

I don't agree with that either. If a party, any party including the Democratic Party, asks me to take up arms against my country, I'll tell em no thanks. For one, I don't believe it will come to that and two it's suicidal. You me and our little cadre of freedom insurgents even armed with banana clipped AK's would be taken out by local, Federal, Law Enforcement, or the Military if we pulled off a little uprising.

WesternHunter's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/05/2006
Posts: 2374
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
SoCoKHntr wrote:

How is limiting high capacity clips and grenade launchers and bayonet's going to hinder your gun fun. I've stated before and I'll state it again the greater majority of people in our country don't have the maturity and or responsibility to possess weapons of this type and I personally feel safer when any tom, dick, or harry, can't stroll down to the store and get one. While I will acknowledge there are law abiding citizens who for what ever reason dig having military type automatic weapons and use them responsibly. There are also many unsavory types be they unstable substance abusers, white separatists anti-Government militias, terrorists, inner city gangbangers, drug dealers, who we shouldn't be making it any easier for them to possess these type of weapons.
I realize my statements given in a hunting and shooting environment will win me no friends, much to the contrary will make me hated, but this is my view on the matter and I've never been one to say things just to win favor with people around me. I realize you guys see things differently and that's fine and the ridicule and hostility will soon follow, but that's okay to.

From the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Any legislation that bans certain features on a firearm for the lawful citizen IS and infringement!!!!! If you can't stand up for this freedom then one day it will be gone, forever. Think twice before you take the lefty side. We are already seeing what happens to our gun rights when anti-gun leftwing politicians get into power. The writing is on the wall SoCo, better wake up and start to take it seriously, for God's sake, take it seriously man. The only other real threat to our gun rights besides anti-gun left-wing politicians are the gun owning compromisers.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

And while we're at it - if you're not an NRA member, now is the time to step up and join. It may be time for me to pay up for the life membership!

WesternHunter's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/05/2006
Posts: 2374
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

I fully stand behind that statement cowgal, and myelf have encouraged membership here before. Every gun owner should be an NRA member, if you take your right to keep and bear arms seriously. Especially today more than ever. I read where there is an estimated 80 million gun owners in this country, yet the NRA claims to have around 4 million members at any one time. There is something seriouly wrong with that picture folks.

SoCoKHntr's picture
Offline
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Joined: 12/18/2006
Posts: 1817
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
WesternHunter wrote:
[
From the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Any legislation that bans certain features on a firearm for the lawful citizen IS and infringement!!!!! If you can't stand up for this freedom then one day it will be gone, forever. Think twice before you take the lefty side. We are already seeing what happens to our gun rights when anti-gun leftwing politicians get into power. The writing is on the wall SoCo, better wake up and start to take it seriously, for God's sake, take it seriously man. The only other real threat to our gun rights besides anti-gun left-wing politicians are the gun owning compromisers.

Western Hunter, I appreciate the respectful request to rally to your cause. But, I've listed my reasons and my rationale. We all have to follow our own moral compasses and I've set my course and can live with it. Again, my firm belief is ten years from today provided some unforeseen accident doesn't take me from this Earth, I'll still be hunting coyotes with my 22-250 and chasing elk with my 7 Mag or 50 Cal Muzzleloader. I think your a solid dude and like reading the info you provide here, but disagree with you on this one.

cowgal's picture
Offline
Moderator
Location: Colorado
Joined: 03/10/2002
Posts: 1787
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Good grief SoCo - its not about YOUR hunting! Its about 2nd amendment rights... you just don't get it.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
New calls for assault-gun bancowgal2403/18/2009 00:07 am
Assault weapons ban down for the countbitmasher409/17/2004 21:40 pm
More Obama liesbuffybr205/10/2008 02:52 am
Outdoor Life Interview with ObamaCVC3810/13/2008 19:42 pm
update on HR1022rogie112/06/2008 00:27 am