6 replies [Last post]
New Rules in Kansas Affect 2006 Hunting Seasons

Full Story:

Please use this area to post comments or questions about this news item.

That January antlerless permit will cause a person to miss a days hunting if they already didn't have a buck tag.

CVC
CVC's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
quigleysharps4570 wrote:
That January antlerless permit will cause a person to miss a days hunting if they already didn't have a buck tag.

How come? Can't they get it on the 31st and hunt the 1st?

Good point. Some reason or another I was thinking Wal-Mart or wherever would make a person wait til the 1st.

hog hunting ban

This doesn't make sense. I'm from Texas and I hog hunt with my dogs when I can and know the feral hogs have babies at 6 mos and every 6 months thereafter so this seems to be a ban on hog hunting unless you're the landowner and you have to get a hunting permit? Doesn't make sense to me bec those feral hogs are outbreeding every wild animal out there. They eat quail eggs and fawns here if they can't get away fast enough....is hog dog hunting allowed with dogs?

redrider's picture

Hey Ted , Welcome to BGH Big smile I find a lot of our regs. don't make a whole lot of sense. It sounds like their main reason for banning it was to keep people from releasing domesticated hogs in the wild for hunting later on. Think
You been getting any rain down there?

I'm laughing at the ban..hogs will be there sooner or later and the farmers will be screaming for hunters because here in TX one hog contimiates 4 acres and they tend to run in groups called sounders. The damage is unbelievable. I live in Austin and its been raining quite a bit but I'm from East Texas where there's a lot more water and hogs, lol. I'm seriously considering a move to Wichita where my girlfriend lives so any job leads would be most appreicated. Thanks.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like