The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society has just acquired the opportunity to hunt Oryx on the famous Armendaris Ranch, near Truth or Consequences, New Mexico and is raffling it off. This great opportunity will be awarded for 1 hunter and 1 non-hunter.
The Oryx are a free ranging herd living on the 354,000 acres of private property of this ranch. Most of the ranch is relatively flat at an elevation of 4,900' in a Chihuahuan desert grassland. The exception is the Fra Cristobal Mountain range, which is located on the west side of the ranch and is the home for the New Mexico’s largest desert bighorn sheep population. Other species on the ranch are antelope, desert mule deer and cougars. Average horn length of oryx is between 32 & 38 inches weighing roughly 450 lbs.
• Only 500 tickets will be printed. Each ticket is $25.00. There is no limit to the number of tickets you may purchase.
• The winner of this very limited raffle will have a fully guided hunt and transportation during the hunt.
• The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society will also cover the cost of your hunting license. Winner will be responsible for their transportation to the ranch, lodging and meals that can be found within a 15-minute drive from the ranch in Truth or Consequences.
• Hunters are usually successful in 1-2 days, but the New Mexico Game & Fish limit the hunts to 5 days. Hunts are conducted from November through March.
• For more information, contact the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society at 720-201-3791 or see the website at http://www.bighornsheep.org/Oryx/1.htm.
• Winner will be drawn at the November 11, 2004 Board of Directors meeting at the Colorado Division of Wildlife’s Hunters Education Building, 6060 Broadway, Denver, Colorado.
• Proceeds benefit Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Lic # 2004-0108
• Winner need not be present to win.
• Raffle tickets may not be purchased with a credit card, per Colorado State raffle rules.
Send self addressed stamped envelope, remittance (check or money order), your name, full address and phone number, for raffle tickets to:
P.O. Box 8320
Denver, CO 80201-8320