7 replies [Last post]
New Mexico Makes Big Changes for 2009-10 Seasons

Full Story:

Please use this area to post comments or questions about this news item.

exbiologist's picture

Does that mean you won't have to pay for the full fee up front for elk now?

JSmitty's picture

right now if you use a cc for elk and deer you dont pay till you draw out. I read in there in 2010 this will go across the board for the draw. I hate it because it will make what I have been putting in for go from about $50 to $500 and still not draw anything and have to wate on a reimbursment for my funds.

I also do not like the idea of having to wait to get reimbursed, but on the other hand I really like this new system because peta is tying up a lot of permits. They apply for the hunts and if successful they never purchase the license. Hopefully this new system will keep most of them out of the picture.

I have to buy a lic. to apply in Utah, so I have been expecting it in NM. But the whole tag fee up front is a little pricey. But I don't have a choice if I want to hunt NM as much as I do. I just put in for those states now, can't afford any more.

Re: New Mexico Makes Big Changes for 2009-10 Seasons
moderator wrote:
Full Story:

Please use this area to post comments or questions about this news item.

will we see posts on the other changes made? Q/HD rules and reg changes? private land rules and regs changes?

So what happens if someone can't go hunting because of family/work conflicts, is he out the full amount or will he be re-imbursed? I see this affecting the non-residents big time.

The full fee doesn't affect deer and elk. YET. All of these are on NMDG&F website If you have a tag in hand and can't hunt cause of ilness or...thats that. I believe you can decline and get refund before a certain date. Me I'd never decline.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like