I live in the Los Angeles area and saw a guy up in the east fork azusa area (angeles mountains) today hunting for bears with a bow and binoculars. I talked to him for a bit and now i want to hunt bears! So basically, I've never hunted for anything in my life and I have no idea where to start. I would prefer to use a rifle, since I dont want to piss off a bear and miss with a bow. I did do about 3 hours of reading tonite though but I still have a few unanswered questions.
1) What kind of gun/equipment should I use?
2) What method of baiting or calling is best for the Socal area?
3) If I do kill a bear, how do I get it to my truck, and how do I gut the thing?
4) Any idea on the approximate start up cost? (i dont have much money at the moment...)
5) Anything else I should know before making an investment?
6) Is there anyone in my local area that I can tag along with for a trip to get the hang of things?
Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I've always wanted to go hunting and nobody that I know hunts and I'm very anxious to start right away.
Thanks in advance!