6 replies [Last post]
Hal
Offline
Joined: 08/20/2006
Posts: 7
New here, with a question

Hi All,

Wondering if any of you would know happen to know the difference between a Savage 340 and 340A.

I have a 340A in 30-30, trying to order parts (specifically ejector, pin and spring), but all anyone seems to list are the 340, 340 E, etc. but no one mentions a 340A.

Wondering if the 340 and 340A are the same parts-wise?

Thanks!

~Hal

Offline
Moderator
Joined: 12/03/2005
Posts: 1572
New here, with a question

As far as I know the difference is the 340A has a three shot clip

Offline
Location: upstate New York
Joined: 06/21/2006
Posts: 138
New here, with a question

Hi, not sure about the 340A but the 340C was the carbine and 340S was deluxe with checkerd stock.

Offline
Location: Florida
Joined: 08/02/2005
Posts: 82
New here, with a question

I have one of those old dogs and am trying to rebuild it. I have seen a bunch of parts on e-bay, check back often as the selection is constantly changing. If you decide to part yours out, i need a barrel in good condition as my chamber has eroded.

Hal
Offline
Joined: 08/20/2006
Posts: 7
New here, with a question
Hammer1 wrote:
As far as I know the difference is the 340A has a three shot clip

Speaking of which, I need a couple of magazines as well...does the 340 have a 5 shot or none at all? Wonder if it will fit if it's a 5 shot - that would be great!

Hal
Offline
Joined: 08/20/2006
Posts: 7
New here, with a question
ADK Jim wrote:
Hi, not sure about the 340A but the 340C was the carbine and 340S was deluxe with checkerd stock.

That stock would definitely be nice, the smooth one I have on the 340A just doesn't feel right without the checkering.

Hal
Offline
Joined: 08/20/2006
Posts: 7
New here, with a question
coop wrote:
I have one of those old dogs and am trying to rebuild it. I have seen a bunch of parts on e-bay, check back often as the selection is constantly changing. If you decide to part yours out, i need a barrel in good condition as my chamber has eroded.

The two sites I'm looking at parts for both seem to have the barrel in stock, e-gunparts and savageparts.com . Mind you, I only need an ejector, pin and spring (roughly $14 total) and a pair of magazines ($53 total), so I haven't paid a ton of attention to the other parts and costs.

Problem with me and e-bay is that I'm Canadian, rules are much more strict when it comes to cross-border sales.

But this rifle was a gift to me, and I would do whatever was necessary to get those parts. Hunting season opens in 46 days here, not much time left!