7 replies [Last post]
HOGGETTER's picture
My DIY 2010 CO Mule Deer

Heres my Buck. My hunt started last April 2010 and ended April 2011. From applying for the tag, researching the area for a DIY hunt, harvesting the buck, skinning and caping the animal and buchering the meat myself, and mounting it DIY.

Thank for looking!

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Great buck and a great job on

Great buck and a great job on your mount. The satisfaction level of doing everything yourself from the planning to  the mounted head must be very rewarding. All the other steps are part of my tearly procedure but I haven't gotten the courage up to try and do my own head yet other than some europeans.

Congratulations again on your year.

elkkill06's picture
Looks Good !!

HOGGETTER,

Looks good and I am curious to see how it does in the long run. Thumbs up I have never even heard of using a green cape. It would worry me greatly if it did not work.

Thanks for sharing the process and keep me posted on how it holds up.

Quinton

HOGGETTER's picture
Old School

Elkkill06:    The fellow that was helping me in the past mounted my first buck and its been 21 years and it still looks fantastic. I call it green cape mount but its actually "Dry Preservitive style" No worries here it will be just fine.

brokenarrow's picture
awsome buck

awsome buck phill, great job on the mount too. Thumbs up

hawkeye270's picture
That is awesome... I would

That is awesome... I would love to try and mount one of my own someday.

What exactly does the  "Dry Preservitive style" process consist of? I would love to see you create a thread on how you did this... maybe a step by step guide. Could be in a long term installment series or something. Its not like any of us will have any big game to mount for a while.

Congrats again man.

HOGGETTER's picture
Sorry

hawkeye270 wrote:

That is awesome... I would love to try and mount one of my own someday.

What exactly does the  "Dry Preservitive style" process consist of? I would love to see you create a thread on how you did this... maybe a step by step guide. Could be in a long term installment series or something. Its not like any of us will have any big game to mount for a while.

Congrats again man.

I was going to try a step by step process but its not going to work out, Putting nitrile gloves on and taking them off over and over to take pics. was getting irritating. and im not a man of very many words (Typing paragraphs) 

numbnutz's picture
Congrats on the great looking

Congrats on the great looking deer, i would love to do my own mounts, i think it turned out great!!!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Montana Mule Deer & PronghornRaghornHS002/01/2010 09:00 am
2010 Mule Deer Huntprhunter411/06/2010 17:49 pm
Colorado GMU 40, Mule Deerss23bucks106/10/2010 22:32 pm
ELK vs MULE DEERsgutierrez804/25/2012 09:54 am
Mule Deer eyeguards.bigbucks8501/07/2007 13:13 pm