7 replies [Last post]
HOGGETTER's picture
My Co 2012 elk hunt

Well I had a 1st season (5 day hunt) E/S elk tag this time for unit 71 Colorado. We were going to hunt our archery area with rifles. I wasn't sure how it would be in the middle ot October compaired to Sept with bulls everywhare.

We back packed in 6 miles the day before the opener in a electrical storm with down pouring rain and hail, we were dround rats when we arived at elk camp. I had to build a fire and dry out everything.

Opening day it snowed and spit ice all day, Day two it was dense fog all day. Day three it cleared up and we didn't see any mature bulls.

On day four I decited to take this fat cow, she was to pretty to past and I wasn't about to shoot an inmature bull. She was only a half mile from camp.

Thats for looking!!!

SoCoKHntr's picture
Congrats!

Cool pics and nice harvest!

COMeatHunter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Thanks for sharing the great

Thanks for sharing the great pics and comments. I'm a meat hunter which means I'm really liking the looks of that cow. Good eating there, for sure! Horns are great when you can get them, but I would be hard pressed pass up an opportunity to harvest a nice fat cow.

Congrats!

prhunter's picture
Congrats on your harvest!

Congrats on your harvest!

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Very nice, HOG! Congrats!

Very nice, HOG! Congrats!

elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Congrats

HOG,

Looks like a great time and a really nice cow ! Congrats and thanks for the great pics and story !

Quinton

HOGGETTER's picture
Thanks Men

Thanks for the nice comments.

I forgot to add this pic.

This makes three times I have had to do a back country repair to my pants with fishing line.

opssup's picture
LOL that hike in sounds like

LOL that hike in sounds like my kinda luck...some friends and i decided to pack in for an archery hunt and we had on only shorts and T-shirts...when we got about half way in it clouded up and hailed for the rest of the hike...LOL we were freezing our butts off...Man was it cold!!! Well you had a good time just like we did...congrats!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like