27 replies [Last post]
WishIWasHunting's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Those are both awesome bulls!

Those are both awesome bulls!  It looks like they are displayed rather prominently in his house too, like they should be.  I only mention it because my mounts are exiled to the basement and garage.  My wife is supportive of my hunting habit.  It is just that she does not view my dead things as decorative.  Perhaps if I had a mount that looked as nice as either of those, I could convince her to display it in the living room!   Yes  Congrats again to your brother on his awesome bull and mount!

Striker's picture
Great mounts, great bulls!

WishIWasHunting wrote:

Those are both awesome bulls!  It looks like they are displayed rather prominently in his house too, like they should be.  I only mention it because my mounts are exiled to the basement and garage.  My wife is supportive of my hunting habit.  It is just that she does not view my dead things as decorative.  Perhaps if I had a mount that looked as nice as either of those, I could convince her to display it in the living room!   Yes  Congrats again to your brother on his awesome bull and mount!

I know the feeling. But after 10 years of marriage I finally got to hang some stuff on the living room wall. But I only to get to hang one of each specific animal on the wall so I have a stack of antlers in the basement collecting dust. Most are not wall worthy in my opinion anyway. "Someday" I'll get more on the wall. Hopefully some new ones like those.

elkkill06's picture
Thanks !

Thanks very much guys ! Thumbs up

WishIWasHunting,

It helps that my wife hunts and I mount and display all of her stuff also and my brother does the same for his wife. I hope that you get to display at least one of your great trophies in a place for all to see.

Quinton

wonderwoman's picture
Elk mount

Yeah it helps that my husband hunts too. We do all of our own european mounts. I did have a shoulder mount done of my first 5X5 bull, then hubby and I both got respectable mulie bucks and had them mounted. Then the son took a great buck antelope and we had that mounted. Did do a bear rug and skull mount, but just have to pick and choose what we can have professionally mounted. Lots of good memmories though when we walk into our family room and you are surrounded by hunting memmories.

PreviewAttachmentSize
P2120017.JPG
P2120017.JPG1.07 MB
elkkill06's picture
Nice mounts

wonder woman,

Very nice collection and thanks for sharing ! I do all our europeans also. Thumbs up

Quinton

BleuBijou's picture
Bigger House

You and your brother are going to have to build an addition for your great animals. Both of those are outstanding. I really like the one on the wall, the way his antlers perfectly sweep. Crazy beautiful !!!!  Tell him thumbsup!!!!

elkkill06's picture
Thanks

BleuBijou wrote:

You and your brother are going to have to build an addition for your great animals. Both of those are outstanding. I really like the one on the wall, the way his antlers perfectly sweep. Crazy beautiful !!!!  Tell him thumbsup!!!!

Thanks much Bleu !! Thumbs up He is very proud of both those bulls.

Quinton

Here is a link to the hunt....

http://www.biggamehunt.net/forum/unit-61-had-blast

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Big BullAmac209/15/2011 09:48 am
Little Bro's First Goose...Alpine_Archer901/27/2010 08:03 am
Field JudgingFestus607/11/2009 22:18 pm
Bulls down: I'm all out of tagshawkeye2701211/15/2011 18:28 pm
2005 Opening Day Vt. Moose SeasonBudlike210/26/2005 06:43 am