12 replies [Last post]
Will_Hunt4Food's picture
My 2013-2014

Figured its the time of year to start a thread for this season. Hopefully I fill up with good pictures and stories! Good luck to everyone!

Retired2hunt's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Good luck to you too!  Glad

Good luck to you too!  Glad to see you around here!  I have 34 more days until I'm sitting in my stand.

woods1126's picture
36 days and counting!

Bow season starts here October 1 in Upstate NY. Good luck to all. Kevin

groovy mike's picture
NY hunting

Good luck out there - keep us posted on your progress. I'm about 150 miles north of your NYC location and just found out that I have one more chance to hunt in NY this year. I am boycotting buying a hunting license in NY for the first time in 25 years - to protest this misinformed administration's ridiculous new gun law. BUT I just heard that NY will have a September GOOSE season using last years license with a daily limit of 15 geese per day Big smile

Good Luck This Season

Hello
I wish you good luck this season as you hunt. My GOD bless you and keep you safe.
Your Freind in Hunting
Jimbo

Will_Hunt4Food's picture
Almost here

Couple of more days, I'm all set and ready to go. I got a nice 8 point a little over 16" on my camera in the area and few smaller bucks and does coming through. SO I feel pretty optimistic just cant wait to get out there.

groovy mike's picture
cool

Sounds very encouraging. Hunt safe! Make sure its a deer before you shoot and don't get shot!

Will_Hunt4Food's picture
Archery

Well we are a couple of weeks deep here In NY/PA Archery seasons and  it seems like its starting to pick up now that its finally getting cold. My dad got the first doe of the Season in PA and I followed up  next with 2 nices does in NY. I had my hands full so I only snapped a couple of quick pics that I'll put up here. First time using the 2 blade rage broad head and I wasn't impressed. I hit the first doe with 2 blade 100 grain rage and it did just miss the heart but it ran quite a way without a tremondous blood trail even though it was double lunged. The one I shot with my 3 blade grim reapers that I usually use dropped it in about 20 yards with blood every where! Given my shot was better with the Grim Reapers I still think they worked better and definitely hold up better as the rage was completely destroyed.

Retired2hunt's picture
Congrats to you and your

Congrats to you and your Dad!  Good Luck on the rest of your hunts!  Thumbs up

Retired2hunt's picture
Time is now!

I have only gone out for a few hours on a couple of days - both were very warm temperature.  I saw a total of 13 deer (doe and button bucks) but none presented a good shot and I passed on the only button buck that did present itself.  However, I fully intend to have at least 1 decent doe by the end of this weekend.  The weather is changing to be cooler, full moon, and I'm hunting all legal hours from Friday afternoon through Monday afternoon.  Pictures to follow soon.  Good Luck to all that are hunting this weekend! 

Will_Hunt4Food's picture
Success!!

I haven't been at the computer much but I'll upload pics this week. I got my largest buck with a bow in PA Thursday. The second biggest Buck I've ever harvested! Did a little small game hunting as well. I still have a Buck tag and an either sex tag for NY and a Doe tag for PA so I got some hunting left. Offical Tally

2 does

1 8 Point Buck

3 Bushy tails 

Related Forum Threads You Might Like