17 replies [Last post]
GooseHunter Jr's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Whitetail...mule....as long

Whitetail...mule....as long as you had a good time that is all that matters and it appears you had a real good time.  Can't wait to read the full story on it and gain congrats!

elkkill06's picture
Congrats on your mul... I mean

Congrats on a nice buck no matter what flavor he is ! :thumbsup1: You took a nice buck and put some great eating in the freezer.

Quinton

hawkeye270's picture
backstraps are backstraps!

backstraps are backstraps! congrats on the buck!

Great Shooting!

I'm jealous of you guys living & hunting in mule deer / whitetail transitional areas.  Half the fun has got to be wondering what will show up next - a big white tail or big goofy ears.  Living in a mule deer only area, I'd probably have shot a whitetail too!

Oh, and don't you just love those early afternoon naps out in the hills while hunting?

numbnutz's picture
Congrats on the fine buck, To

Congrats on the fine buck, To me a deer is a deer whether it's a muley, whitetali or blacktail. I'd shoot any of them. Good to hear you had a good trip and again congrats on your great hunt. looking forward to the full version story.

jaybe's picture
Congrats to ya Bud!  I'm

Congrats to ya Bud!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Wyoming on my first ever Mule Deer hunt. My tag is for "Any Antlered Deer", but It will be the last hour of the last day before I pull the trigger on a whitetail (unless it's a Booner, of course)! Whistling

Nothin' wrong with a whitetail - I, like you have shot a good many of them. But since this may be my one and only opportunity at a Mulie and it's a 3,000 mile round trip - - well, you know.

Will report when I get back.

COMeatHunter's picture
Whitetails taste better anyway...

Sometimes it sure is hard to pass up a good deer.  Personally, I think whitetails taste better anyway.  Maybe your next mulie trip you can bag a monster whitetail.  Look forward to reading your story when you post it.  

Thanks.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Elk and Mule Deer Hunt - DIY?jim boyd2512/01/2010 07:50 am
Looking for MULE DEER and WOLF in BCHunt Okanogan003/14/2011 12:13 pm
Wyoming mule deerPaLuke1411/13/2010 19:25 pm
DIY mule deer/antelope hunt?titansben15712/01/2010 07:39 am
2011 Wyoming Hunt Resultsjaybe1210/28/2011 17:04 pm